Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 507K

From what I understand from his Instagram posts the footprint is proprietary to Holosun but it will have a MOS compatible plate.

My understanding is that the 509T uses either a proprietary “Acro style but slightly different” crossbolt attachment or an RMR footprint compatible adapter.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    - Reticle. Leaving aside the 2 MOA center, I totally don't get the circle jerk. I meant, circle dot. If you're using the outside circle alone, at pistol distances you can just use the entire optic window. On Eotechs the circle is used for distance offset at long distances or for leading edge on moving targets, again long distances. On a pistol? I am a pagan, give me one bright dot.
    It's a 32 MOA circle. At 10 yards it covers all of 3.2 inches. At 20 it covers twice that much (still narrower than the A zone).

So no, not at all the same as blunt aiming with the entire window.

You can also switch off the circle.........
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 01-22-2020 at 05:07 AM.

- He kept saying something about a steel plate for MOS to accept this Holosun.
    I think he's taking a jab at aluminum MOS plates like the C&H.

anyone have a lead on how long until the 509t is released?

kenzies optics lets you backorder.

As we learned, for example, with the Acro’s battery issues, regardless of what the reviewers say, these optics often don’t show their warts until we buy them and start using them ourselves. You may recall that for months YVK was focused on the Acro’s display size, that based on published specs, he was convinced, was sixty percent of the RMR. What was not obvious was that Trijicon’s display specification included unusable display blocked by the emitter housing, and between that and how BUIS interface with the Acro display, the Acro display is effectively much larger than the RMR. What nobody here saw coming, was that the Acro’s battery endurance could be measured in days — something we initially never considered because of Aimpoint’s track record with long lasting battery performance in optics.

I have always been ho hum on Holosun pistol optics, because I didn’t think the 507 did anything better than alternatives, other than cost less. As a RMSc user, and a Romeo Zero skeptic, the 507K represents a possible small slide optic option and I am really rooting for it to be a success. As far as the 509T, I am thrilled to have another closed emitter option. YVK May have forgotten how he drenched either a RMR, a DP Pro, or both recently enough so they quit working, when shooting a class in the rain. For outdoorsy pursuits, a closed emitter is highly desirable when in the rain, snow and dirt. These two new Holosun products are very attractive to me, and I hope real world testing shows them to do what they are represented as.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My understanding is that the 509T uses either a proprietary “Acro style but slightly different” crossbolt attachment or an RMR footprint compatible adapter.
    I understand it to be the former.

ETA: I am really rooting for this one to be a winner too. It's size seems like a good compromise for my purposes (CCW) in that it doesn't appear quite as big as the ACRO.

I'll wait my normal year for this to get beta tested out at scale.
    Last edited by David S.; 01-22-2020 at 08:52 AM.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I understand it to be the former.
    I meant both are options, see below.

Name:  645F26DD-2508-417D-AFC1-2F2EDCDD9A26.jpg
Views: 1016
Size:  33.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    It's a 32 MOA circle. At 10 yards it covers all of 3.2 inches. At 20 it covers twice that much (still narrower than the A zone).

So no, not at all the same as blunt aiming with the entire window.

You can also switch off the circle.........

You either gonna look at the target and see the dot be there where you're looking at, or you gonna just send it looking through the window under some circumstances. That it can be switched off is the best part of this reticle.

That said, in a spirit of openmindedness, if someone gets great result by sending it while looking through a 32 min circle, I'll be all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I hope real world testing shows them to do what they are represented as.

I am gonna wait for a p-f.com membership and red dot moderating staff for their independent reviews.
    See, we still agree, except you're a natural optimist, and I am a natural pessimist. For me the Holosun does have a higher hurdle to jump, considering what your dot guy told you.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

You either gonna look at the target and see the dot be there where you're looking at, or you gonna just send it looking through the window under some circumstances. That it can be switched off is the best part of this reticle.

That said, in a spirit of openmindedness, if someone gets great result by sending it while looking through a 32 min circle, I'll be all ears.

See, we still agree, except you're a natural optimist, and I am a natural pessimist. For me the Holosun does have a higher hurdle to jump, considering what your dot guy told you.
    You may not be old enough to remember the Aug’s circle of death, but it can be crazy effective.

Mostly, I am a single center dot fan on a pistol, but given that the reticle can switch between dot, circle and circle, I see no downside to these choices, other than I wish the dot was bigger. The circle might even help someone transitioning to a handgun optic, where the dot is out of the display but the circle is still available.

As I have reported here before, my dot guy says the single most returned optic was the Romeo 1, which suffered from failure to hold zero. That, BTW, is a really bad failure mode. The Holosun problem, as pretty well established by now, is they have a too high out of the box failure percentage. The good news is if they make a week or two, they seem to last. I would take that any day to what is happening with the original Romeo 1, or what we experienced with later model DP Pro optics.

I am default wired to be optimistic about new things, but then to test the crap out of them and see if they hold up. Hoping the K and T make the grade.

User Tag List