Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 507K

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Neither of them seems to have any sort of brand loyalty to Holosun. They run and recommend Trijicon and Aimpoint pistol mounted optics too.

So there's that.
    I saw on IG today that for concealed carry that Fisher specifically recommended Holosun and Trijicon. He said he thinks the circuitry is better with Holosun.
    Last edited by jeffhughes; 01-14-2020 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    I see these two are often quoted when discussing Holosun.

Can anyone no shit say those guys aren't getting some sort of compensation from Holosun?

Ive unfortunately become extremely cynical. I put 100x more weight on @GJM 's thoughts on RDSs than I do on trainers with large Instagram followers. They rarely if ever disclose when they are getting compensated for pushing a product.

Nothing personal about Fisher and Cowan. And maybe they didn't get a bunch of free stuff from Holosun. I don't know. I'm asking.
    fwiw, Aaron is sponsored by Primary Weapon Systems and refuses to do reviews on their products. His videos on any guns from them are more informational.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    My personal experience is "out of the box" I've had a higher Trijicon and Aimpoint failure rate than Holosun and neither has failed on me if they are still working after 2 or 3 range sessions.
    MRDS's are still novelties to me at this point though so my round count isn't up there with someone like George (although I am probably more of a wrecking ball off the range than he is).
    You are not the first person I've heard say this. It makes me wonder if it is a matter of production numbers or more of a qc issue. I've been fortunate with Trijicon and Aimpoint in that I've never had a failure out of the box with either but I do know a handful who have. Particularly with the RMR's. I can imagine out where you're at you put some miles on your stuff. Out on the Mesa in TX/NM I did much of the same, shit gets broken out in the desert for certain, especially when you get crazy on two wheeled dirt rockets. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Neither of them seems to have any sort of brand loyalty to Holosun. They run and recommend Trijicon and Aimpoint pistol mounted optics too.

So there's that.
    There are levels. From “here’s a free product you didn’t even ask for but we hope you will mention to your followers” to “we will pay you to do product development” to “here’s your employment contract. In exchange for free pistols and a salary, we require X number of mentions on Facebook and IG per week. You will not be photographed with any other brand, etc.”

Again, I have no idea what, if any, deal they may or may not have.

We’ve known for years that traditional “gun writers” usually don’t bite the hands that feed them. Hey, I would want Sig to send me on an elk hunt with the new Cross rifle too. Or just get on the list to get a demo pistol so I can shoot it for a few days and churn out a “review” about it being “combat accurate” just to get a few bucks in payment from my publisher.

No one here would like say “Joe Blow from Combat Handguns reviewed the Holoson and really liked it” because we know that’s next to useless. But I don’t think most realize how blurred the lines are among some trainers. Yeah, I would hope they wouldn’t sell their soul and recommend crap products. But I also wish they would disclose what relationship they have with the maker, if they purchased the product or if it was free, etc. I doubt that’s going to happen so I just disregard it. The only thing all the STIs flooding my IG feed tell me that STI is making a push into the tactical market. That’s it.

Rant mode off.

Still nothing about the 507K on the holosun website.

The Sig site says:

ROMEO ZERO is Compatible With:

- Shield RMS-c footprint
    - J-Point footprint

So, if you've got a Shield RMS-c the 507k could, might be a viable replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhughes View Post
    I saw on IG today that for concealed carry that Fisher specifically recommended Holosun and Trijicon. He said he thinks the circuitry is better with Holosun.
    SME in shooting isn't SME in electrical engineering. We should keep comments in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    SME in shooting isn't SME in electrical engineering. We should keep comments in perspective.
    I too was wondering where he got the schematics and what the basis for his statement was 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Well, he‘s certainly a very high round count user of both. I know what you mean though.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhughes View Post
    Well, he‘s certainly a very high round count user of both. I know what you mean though.
    Anyone know how high a round count? With USPSA CO having become so popular, there is surely north of 100,000 rounds a week being shot by CO shooters in matches and practice through pistol mounted red dots. Probably 15,000 rounds just yesterday afternoon at Tuesday Night Steel.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Not sure how I feel about this. That battery tray better be bulletproof. If the Holosuns last half as long as they claim to they will be obsolete by the time you need to change the battery, so how often will anyone use this feature? The side buttons do look like a nice upgrade, though my fingers have managed to get used to the little buttons on my 507C.

A side loading tray definitely makes sense for minidots that can't take a 2032 battery.

I am 90% sure the closed emitter optic uses an ACRO style mount. If it is just another pic-mounted Holosun like their slew of Micro clones the high MSRP makes no sense.
    Or RMR foot print. Given Holosuns other PMO are all RMR footprint I would assume they mean RMR when they say “industry standard” footprint.

User Tag List