Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 507K

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Going back to the OP ... how would one find out if the footprint on this one would match up with the footprint of the Shield mini red dot?
    http://soldiersystems.net/2020/01/13...sig-romeozero/

Link says it’s the same as SIG Romeo Zero
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    http://soldiersystems.net/2020/01/13...sig-romeozero/

Link says it’s the same as SIG Romeo Zero
    Ok, thanks for that. Doesn't seem to answer my question.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Ok, thanks for that. Doesn't seem to answer my question.
    Fair enough.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/romeo-zero-1x18mm.html Says the Romeo Zero fits the Shield RMS-c and J-point footprint.

So it appears it does fit
    Last edited by David S.; 01-13-2020 at 09:04 PM.
    David S.

This could be a worthy little bugger. So far I’m liking the j-point on my milled G19 and was planning to go rms-c at some future point. Having more options is good.

They also released a 507c 2.0 with side tray and larger buttons. Aaron Cowan and Steve Fisher have positive things to say about it and the 507k.

I was hoping for a closed emitter. This looks like a nice upgrade tho.
    Not sure how I feel about this. That battery tray better be bulletproof. If the Holosuns last half as long as they claim to they will be obsolete by the time you need to change the battery, so how often will anyone use this feature? The side buttons do look like a nice upgrade, though my fingers have managed to get used to the little buttons on my 507C.

A side loading tray definitely makes sense for minidots that can't take a 2032 battery.

I am 90% sure the closed emitter optic uses an ACRO style mount. If it is just another pic-mounted Holosun like their slew of Micro clones the high MSRP makes no sense.

Aaron Cowan and Steve Fisher have positive things to say about it and the 507k.
    I see these two are often quoted when discussing Holosun.

Can anyone no shit say those guys aren't getting some sort of compensation from Holosun?

Ive unfortunately become extremely cynical. I put 100x more weight on @GJM 's thoughts on RDSs than I do on trainers with large Instagram followers. They rarely if ever disclose when they are getting compensated for pushing a product.

Nothing personal about Fisher and Cowan. And maybe they didn't get a bunch of free stuff from Holosun. I don't know. I'm asking.
    Last edited by BigD; 01-14-2020 at 08:35 AM.

My personal experience is "out of the box" I've had a higher Trijicon and Aimpoint failure rate than Holosun and neither has failed on me if they are still working after 2 or 3 range sessions.
    MRDS's are still novelties to me at this point though so my round count isn't up there with someone like George (although I am probably more of a wrecking ball off the range than he is).
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Holosun is straight up murdering the competition in terms of innovating and listening to what people want.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post

Can anyone no shit say those guys aren't getting some sort of compensation from Holosun?

Ive unfortunately become extremely cynical. I put 100x more weight on @GJM 's thoughts on RDSs than I do on trainers with large Instagram followers. They rarely if ever disclose when they are getting compensated for pushing a product.

Nothing personal about Fisher and Cowan. And maybe they didn't get a bunch of free stuff from Holosun. I don't know. I'm asking.
    Pretty sure Steve Fisher consults for Holosun.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post

Neither of them seems to have any sort of brand loyalty to Holosun. They run and recommend Trijicon and Aimpoint pistol mounted optics too.

So there's that.
    David S.

User Tag List