Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Holosun 507K

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    Thats awesome! I just had my 365 milled by Maple Leaf too. Will order these. Thank you!!
    You are welcome! Pro tip, the factory front sight is really tight in there.
    I had to take a big ass brass punch, hammer and a vice grip (with non-marring inserts) to get it out.

The front sight WILL take about 10 minutes of careful filing to fit the dovetail. If any issues or need help, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Regarding the 507K and the Performance Center 4" Shield ... how much material needs to be removed from the two forward bosses?
    So the PC Shield is cut for the RMS Shield, and how do you like the pistol?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    You are welcome! Pro tip, the factory front sight is really tight in there.
    I had to take a big ass brass punch, hammer and a vice grip (with non-marring inserts) to get it out.

The front sight WILL take about 10 minutes of careful filing to fit the dovetail. If any issues or need help, let me know!
    Awesome. Will do!! I'll order them tomorrow.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    So the PC Shield is cut for the RMS Shield, and how do you like the pistol?
    Yes ... it came from the PC with the Brit Shield mrds on it. That sight lasted about 600 rds before it died. Interestingly, like every other PMO I've broken while it was on any of my M&Ps - the mechanical windage adjustment failed. Not the electronics, the mechanical windage adjustment.

The company replaced it as soon as the mail system allowed.

Then, I broke the plastic sleeve for the striker assembly. S&W replaced it pretty quickly and it's repaired. I've been waiting on the 507K and wanted it so the next few hundred rounds I put through it have some benefit beyond checking the dot.

Taking those issues into consideration, I do like the PC Shield. Once I can get another two hundred rounds through it without issue, it'll be back in daily use.

Has anyone put a 507K on full size pistol

Has anyone put a 507K on a full size pistol? Saw a picture of one on Kyle Defoor's Staccato and I'm curious how it would work on a Glock 17.

The 507K is 0.02" narrower than the G17 slide, and I'm curious if the window will ride low enough to retain standard height sights, or at least shorter tall sights.

A search shows that MapleLeaf offers this cut, but they don't have any installed pics.

Curious what everyone thinks, and I understand there is a trade off on window size.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Spencer View Post
    Has anyone put a 507K on a full size pistol? Saw a picture of one on Kyle Defoor's Staccato and I'm curious how it would work on a Glock 17.

The 507K is 0.02" narrower than the G17 slide, and I'm curious if the window will ride low enough to retain standard height sights, or at least shorter tall sights.

A search shows that MapleLeaf offers this cut, but they don't have any installed pics.

Curious what everyone thinks, and I understand there is a trade off on window size.
    Got my 507K on a G19 Gen5 mounted via a CHPWS plate. I can use the integrated rear sight notch and line it up with my OEM Glock front sight, though I haven't actually tried shooting it that way.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Got my 507K on a G19 Gen5 mounted via a CHPWS plate. I can use the integrated rear sight notch and line it up with my OEM Glock front sight, though I haven't actually tried shooting it that way.
    So it has the standard rmr/507c screw locations? Sorry I’m a little confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

We need to crowdsource a chart.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    We need to crowdsource a chart.
    Here's some good info:

https://optics-info.com/footprints-on-red-dot-sights/
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    So it has the standard rmr/507c screw locations? Sorry I’m a little confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry, I was trying to say with a CHPWS plate (which mounts optics lower than the Glock plates) my Holosun works with the OEM glock front sight

Name:  G19 MOS Holosun with Dot.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  14.9 KBName:  G19 MOS Holosun without Dot.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  14.1 KB
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

User Tag List