Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 507K

First disappointment with mine this morning. Got to the range doing some dry work and noticed the reticle dimming. Put a new battery in and things were back to normal. This is something I have often encountered using the factory battery in something. Hopefully the Duracell replacement lasts longer than 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    First disappointment with mine this morning. Got to the range doing some dry work and noticed the reticle dimming. Put a new battery in and things were back to normal. This is something I have often encountered using the factory battery in something. Hopefully the Duracell replacement lasts longer than 3 weeks.
    Could be that or something else, as in my experience Holosun optics have a not insignificant early failure rate, after which if they survive that initial period, they last pretty well.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Could be that or something else, as in my experience Holosun optics have a not insignificant early failure rate, after which if they survive that initial period, they last pretty well.
    I was trying to be out of character and stay positive for a change. Thanks.

Got mine mounted on my new Hellcat today but have not had a chance to shoot it. I believe I'm going to like it a lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I had a chance to break in the Hellcat/507k combo today. The 507k does what it's supposed to do, although I didn't drop it or use it for racking the slide. The Hellcat, well, it's a wee little snappy 9. Like Aaron C, I tended to lose the reticle on recoil but the big circle dot is easy to reacquire, which will improve with practice. The trigger isn't as good as the dingus triggers on my MR918 and 920, and is a world apart from my 365. I also dropped the mag 2 or 3 times in 200 rounds, not sure if it was my right thumb or heel of my support hand. Obviously it will require much more practice and breaking in. And I may yet send the 365 off to get milled which was my original intention before the Hellcat followed me home from the shop. But no qualms about the 507k.

My friend just texted from the range — his 507K on his 365XL broke during initial zeroing session. Dot is top right of display.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My friend just texted from the range — his 507K on his 365XL broke during initial zeroing session. Dot is top right of display.
    Bummer. It's hell being an early adopter. Some has to do it.

So I see that even just being a friend of yours means one is doomed in rds reliability.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    I had a chance to break in the Hellcat/507k combo today. The 507k does what it's supposed to do, although I didn't drop it or use it for racking the slide. The Hellcat, well, it's a wee little snappy 9. Like Aaron C, I tended to lose the reticle on recoil but the big circle dot is easy to reacquire, which will improve with practice. The trigger isn't as good as the dingus triggers on my MR918 and 920, and is a world apart from my 365. I also dropped the mag 2 or 3 times in 200 rounds, not sure if it was my right thumb or heel of my support hand. Obviously it will require much more practice and breaking in. And I may yet send the 365 off to get milled which was my original intention before the Hellcat followed me home from the shop. But no qualms about the 507k.
    You have provided useful information for both the 507K and the Hellcat. I am curious about the Hellcat's trigger,. How would you describe it?

Thrilled to be of some use! During dry fire there is minimal take up and a distinct wall, probably 5 lb break. When I was zeroing the dot and shooting slowly for accuracy, the break was heavy enough that I thought maybe I was side loading it and making it bind. When I was shooting rapid fire, though, the take up was not noticeable, nor was the weight of the break. This was brand new, out of the box with minimal dry firing, so it has a lot of breaking in to do. I shot 100 rounds of 115 grn range fodder and 100 rounds of 124 grn Gold Dot without any hiccups. Tomorrow will include 150 grn S&B subsonic because I have a case of it.
    I will also try the flush base plates because the base of my pinky was getting pinched between the extension and bottom of the grip.

User Tag List