Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Holosun 507K

I ordered a 507K Green Dot from Kenzie’s this morning. Opted for green because that color has suited my vision better than orange when using Ameriglo Bold sights in the past. I have a 509T at Jagerwerks so this dot will enable me to compare the colors. These are my first venture into pistol dots but I’ve used Aimpoints for years on rifles.

Does anyone know if the Holosun "K" series will mount to a S&W Shield Plus OEM optic cut without slide modification? Does it require removing bosses on the slide?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Zeroed my Glock 43/507k combo today. Survived the range trip just fine but one of the screws did back out maybe 1/16th of a turn. I don't have a RMRcc to compare it against but it is a nice optic. Well worth the ~$225 or whatever I paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Does anyone know if the Holosun "K" series will mount to a S&W Shield Plus OEM optic cut without slide modification? Does it require removing bosses on the slide?
    Will not work without mods.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

One more general dot question. One of teh mounting screws on my 507k came just a tiny bit loose maybe 1/12th or a turn or less. I torqued it back down. Originally mounted to 15in/lb with loctite 248.

question: should I plan to remove this screw/clean/reapply loctite before I hit the range next?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    One more general dot question. One of teh mounting screws on my 507k came just a tiny bit loose maybe 1/12th or a turn or less. I torqued it back down. Originally mounted to 15in/lb with loctite 248.

question: should I plan to remove this screw/clean/reapply loctite before I hit the range next?
    I would be tempted to just torque stripe it with an oil based sharpie and monitor the head for movement during the next shooting session. If it doesn't move, you are good. If it does, yeah, at that point I'd remove and reinstall. But if your inner OCD is going off of course I don't think you'd be hurting anything to R/R.

What tool are you using to torque it?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I would be tempted to just torque stripe it with an oil based sharpie and monitor the head for movement during the next shooting session. If it doesn't move, you are good. If it does, yeah, at that point I'd remove and reinstall. But if your inner OCD is going off of course I don't think you'd be hurting anything to R/R.

What tool are you using to torque it?
    Already made witness marks with a sharpie - thats how I noticed it moved a tad.

I used the wheeler FAT wrench, not the most accurate but seems reasonably good, especially given relatively low torque required for these optics. .

edit: I think I will be OK for CCW purposes for now but will plan to bring it + the other gun whose screw moved a touch to my next planned range session. Probably will remove, clean, re-loctite + re-torque >24h in advance just to be 100%. I am hoping to get out there next week as I have flexibility through the end of the month, but one July begins I will be on two very intense/important rotations ( surgery then hospital medicine) so want to get all of my shit squared away before then.

Next break will be a week of downtime in early September between the two services and will probably have a bunch more slides to re-zero then so planning my range time carefully.

User Tag List