Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 507K

I am going to try one on my 365xl... the Romeo zero I received yesterday, was a dud.

Quote Originally Posted by banzaijohn View Post
    I just received my 507K and am trying to decide where to send my G43x for machining. It is a very impressive sight, I like it more than RMSc Shield that I have been using on another G43X. The optics are much improved over past Holsuns I have seen, just as good as the Shield. That said there is very slight distortion at the edges of the window, but you wouldn't notice unless you were looking for imperfections. The controls and the battery compartment are perfectly situated. The Holosun (1 oz) feels much more robust than the Shield (.46 oz SMSc Plastic). The reticle projects nice and crisp and the brightness settings work as expected. It is slightly longer and wider (less than a mm longer, and less than mm wider at the body, plus the battery tray cover) than the RMSc and the two holes in the front are very shallow to accommodate the battery tray. Comparison pic with SMSc that I have for my Hellcat.

Attachment 56719Attachment 56720

Attachment 56718
    Nice comparison pictures, thanks! I got my 507k yesterday as well. Very light but seems sturdy as you said. I wondered about the visible wires on mine but I see them in your pic as well (by the emitter). Just have to hope they won't be an issue - I know it's not really a "duty rated" optic. Very slight fishbowl-type effect when looking at text on computer monitor. I don't think it'll be an issue at the range but we'll see - I won't get to the range until next week probably. The reticle is very sharp, and even with my slight astigmatism it is still very usable. (obviously I have Rx safety lenses for the range) My only other pistol-mounted red dot is a Vortex Venom on my S&W Victory .22 cal, which is a 6 MOA compared to the 2 MOA on the 507k (407k is 6 MOA dot). The 507k is much more crisp as you'd expect.

Name:  p365xl-hs507k.jpg
Views: 1519
Size:  43.8 KB

A great thing about the Shield is how standard sights work as BUIS. How is the 507K in this regard?

Mine is in the mail on the way to me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have In Stock notices at a handful of sites and asked the local shop to give me a call but if anyone spots one in stock that they aren’t going to buy give me a heads up if you don’t mind.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A great thing about the Shield is how standard sights work as BUIS. How is the 507K in this regard?

Mine is in the mail on the way to me.
    I suck at pictures, so sorry. They are very low in the window, like right at the bottom. I keep forgetting to shut the dot off and try the irons/notch to see how it works. I have had mine out 3 times now counting this morning and am enjoying it very much. Lots of benefits, and so far no glaring drawbacks. (considering its size and purpose)

Site Supporter
    I have Defoor's on my 43X that I'm hoping will be visible through the window whenever my 47
    07K finally shows up.

Scored a 507K at the LGS tonight. Got it installed and planning to hit the range at lunch tomorrow. I’ve got it set to the 32 MOA only and around the house it seems to bug my eyes a little more than an Aimpoint. I’ll see how it does on the range.

I have a 43X slide milled by Primary Machine for a RMSc. I pulled it and tried to put a 507K on, but while close it doesn’t fit right. Seems like the problem is in the forward bosses milled in. I am sending another 43X slide to Primary to mill the 507K.

Aaron Cowan just posted his review.

https://youtu.be/RN-kD4BRh1A

Quote Originally Posted by davisj View Post
    Aaron Cowan just posted his review.

https://youtu.be/RN-kD4BRh1A
    20 minute Sage Dynamics video. Cliff notes version — best small red dot out there, and he would be confident carrying it. Passed the drop tests while continuing to hold zero. Works with standard height sights as BUIS. The window is smaller than other optics, and on the G48 he loses the dot from the window in recoil.

User Tag List