Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 507K

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    Thrilled to be of some use! During dry fire there is minimal take up and a distinct wall, probably 5 lb break. When I was zeroing the dot and shooting slowly for accuracy, the break was heavy enough that I thought maybe I was side loading it and making it bind. When I was shooting rapid fire, though, the take up was not noticeable, nor was the weight of the break. This was brand new, out of the box with minimal dry firing, so it has a lot of breaking in to do. I shot 100 rounds of 115 grn range fodder and 100 rounds of 124 grn Gold Dot without any hiccups. Tomorrow will include 150 grn S&B subsonic because I have a case of it.
    I will also try the flush base plates because the base of my pinky was getting pinched between the extension and bottom of the grip.
    Thanks for the additional information. I currently carry a P365, and am seriously considering the P365XL as my first optics-ready pistol. I like the similarity with the P365 that I already like, but do not like the fact that removing the plate to expose the optics mounting system also removes the rear sight. So, unless the rear sight built into the optic proves to be the correct height, this could compromise the backup sighting system. The Hellcat mounting plate does not include the rear sight, so mounting the optic leaves the rear sight in place. A package that is comparably sized to my P365 but has one extra round in the magazine has me intrigued, but I would not change solely on that basis. The experiences of others with the gun as a whole are much more important.

I'm getting more used to the trigger but I shot my 365 back to back with the Hellcat today and I vastly prefer the Sig trigger. I'm sold on the 507k and will probably send my 365 to L&M for milling and put a 507 on it as well. I shot my MR920 after the micros and it is so much easier to shoot I think I'm almost willing to forgo pocket carry and just carry a grownup sized gun IWB.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Thanks for the additional information. I currently carry a P365, and am seriously considering the P365XL as my first optics-ready pistol. I like the similarity with the P365 that I already like, but do not like the fact that removing the plate to expose the optics mounting system also removes the rear sight. So, unless the rear sight built into the optic proves to be the correct height, this could compromise the backup sighting system. The Hellcat mounting plate does not include the rear sight, so mounting the optic leaves the rear sight in place. A package that is comparably sized to my P365 but has one extra round in the magazine has me intrigued, but I would not change solely on that basis. The experiences of others with the gun as a whole are much more important.
    Videos from SHOT show indicated that the 407K/507K integrated rear sight is supposed to regulate correctly with the P365XL front sight. At least that is what the rep was saying. It sounded like they were focusing on this pistol when designing the optic. I have not heard any real world reports yet, and we all know that pistols can regulate differently from sample to sample.

On my girlfriend's P365XL the top edge of the rear sight measures .225" from the top of slide area directly behind the sight that acts as a raised rear boss to the back of the plate/optic.

It looks to measure approximately between .305"-.310" from the top of rear sight to bottom of the optic cut, but I didn't pull the plate to measure it. This number is just 'close' because of the angles involved and the tools I have to hand.

Perhaps someone can provide a measurement of a 407K/507K optic body or an installed optic to the top of that rear boss? That number could be compared to the factory P365XL sight measurements on the copy I have.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I was curious after reading this. I fired 3 rounds at 10 yards using the back up rear on the 507k on my P365XL. POA/POI was pretty good POI May be a hair high but It could have been me.

Name:  476D9316-7DD3-4E92-8BA4-FBF90EAC11AF.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  56.4 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    I was curious after reading this. I fired 3 rounds at 10 yards using the back up rear on the 507k on my P365XL. POA/POI was pretty good POI May be a hair high but It could have been me.

Name:  476D9316-7DD3-4E92-8BA4-FBF90EAC11AF.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  56.4 KB
    This is good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    Thanks for posting. I will try and remember to see what mine does this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My friend just texted from the range — his 507K on his 365XL broke during initial zeroing session. Dot is top right of display.
    That's a shame - hopefully he was just unlucky with his sample. I wonder how long it'll take for the warranty claim.

I haven't been back to the range since I got my 507k - waiting on holsters. (Blackpoint Tactical, JM Custom and Vedder) Heading to the range next week whether I have holsters or not..

Regarding the 507K and the Performance Center 4" Shield ... how much material needs to be removed from the two forward bosses?

FYI if people are looking for a front sight on a P365 milled for a 507k, I paid to have one made a couple years ago at the proper height (taller is needed over factory when using it on the shorter slide P365 compared to the XL).

Name:  EFA37745-22E4-4FC5-9EE9-821BA15971E0.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  32.6 KB

I don’t think it’s listed on their site but you don’t have to pay set up fees if you order one with these specs. This was the invoice when I ordered a couple more.

It works for POI/POA with a Maple Leaf milled P365.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    FYI if people are looking for a front sight on a P365 milled for a 507k, I paid to have one made a couple years ago at the proper height (taller is needed over factory when using it on the shorter slide P365 compared to the XL).

Name:  EFA37745-22E4-4FC5-9EE9-821BA15971E0.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  32.6 KB

I don’t think it’s listed on their site but you don’t have to pay set up fees if you order one with these specs. This was the invoice when I ordered a couple more.

It works for POI/POA with a Maple Leaf milled P365.
    Thats awesome! I just had my 365 milled by Maple Leaf too. Will order these. Thank you!!
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

User Tag List