Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun 507K

Site Supporter
    Wish it was 6 MOA.

Aaron at Sage Dynamics said he's going to drop his review soon. Apparently it's a Holosun's mount, not Pic rail, ACRO or any other current solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    http://holosun.com/index/product/detail/id/117.html

Looking at the pics, the bottom of the body has either a direct Picatinny or direct ACRO mount plus it comes with an adapter to the RMR footprint.

It also has Holosun's solar panel so it draws power from the battery only when the solar panel output alone isn't enough to run the thing.

Truthfully, Aimpoint should worry.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Apparently it's a Holosun's mount, not Pic rail, ACRO or any other current solution.
    If so, that's a missed opportunity and likely a big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    If so, that's a missed opportunity and likely a big mistake.
    Maybe there's patent restrictions or something. I have no idea.
    David S.

Last edited by backtrail540; 01-21-2020 at 06:43 PM.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

These might be the droids you’re looking for.

Cowan’s 509T closed emitter review.

Can’t wait to get the closed emitter 509 and the new small Holosun.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Can’t wait to get the closed emitter 509 and the new small Holosun.
    canceled my sig romeo zero order today and as I wear my 365xl with grey guns module with safety I am about to preorder a small holo sun.

Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    These might be the droids you’re looking for.

Cowan’s 509T closed emitter review.

Color me...unimpressed until further notice. Now, @GJM thinks I might have an ADD because apparently my concerns were addressed in that video but I am not watching it. For the third time, that is.

- Battery life. Until we've independent tests that don't involve ACRO-esque programming of your cellphone to remind you to turn that power down at night, we won't know.

- Incidentally, sliding battery trays are some of the weakest design options for the battery. Hopefully this one is China-tough.

- Reticle. Leaving aside the 2 MOA center, I totally don't get the circle jerk. I meant, circle dot. If you're using the outside circle alone, at pistol distances you can just use the entire optic window. On Eotechs the circle is used for distance offset at long distances or for leading edge on moving targets, again long distances. On a pistol? I am a pagan, give me one bright dot.

- Solar. I dunno anything about duty holsters, except most of yous seem to want a Safariland option with a hooded cover over the optic. From CCW standpoint, as an AIWB user I can definitively say that an exclamatory "Oh, sunshine" doesn't imply a direct light source when taking about my junk carry location.

- He kept saying something about a steel plate for MOS to accept this Holosun. Despite listening twice to that part, I missed whether this is the same print as ACRO, or proprietary.

I am gonna wait for a p-f.com membership and red dot moderating staff for their independent reviews.
    Last edited by YVK; 01-21-2020 at 11:01 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    - He kept saying something about a steel plate for MOS to accept this Holosun. Despite listening twice to that part, I missed whether this is the same print as ACRO, or proprietary.

I am gonna wait for a p-f.com membership and red dot moderating staff for their independent reviews.
    I’m on your team. I get the impression that it’s RMR footprint though that wasn’t made clear enough for me to pick up.

User Tag List