Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Holosun 507K

I'd love to see a Glock 43X/48 MOS iron sight comparison with CHPWS mill posts/direct mount 507k vs. 507k w. adapter plate if anyone has seen one. Wondering if that 0.045" or whatever makes a noticeable difference.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

If you have a Performance Center 4" Shield and are considering the 507K ... not only are the front recoil bosses taller than the depth of the sight's front holes, it appears they are larger diameter wise. You'll need to be extremely explicit (or much more than I was) with whatever gunsmith you take the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    If you have a Performance Center 4" Shield and are considering the 507K ... not only are the front recoil bosses taller than the depth of the sight's front holes, it appears they are larger diameter wise. You'll need to be extremely explicit (or much more than I was) with whatever gunsmith you take the slide.
    I just bought a non optic cut PC 4 inch Shield, and planned I would send it to Primary Machine to direct mill a 507K, rather than worry about S&W cut.

Was reading the new 507K manual a few days and realized it doesn’t have an auto mode, just manual and lock out. Not sure how I missed that, but in fairness I loaned my 43X/K to YVK some months ago.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I'd love to see a Glock 43X/48 MOS iron sight comparison with CHPWS mill posts/direct mount 507k vs. 507k w. adapter plate if anyone has seen one. Wondering if that 0.045" or whatever makes a noticeable difference.
    Direct mill 507K. Cut is .125” deep. Barely see the Agents.
    Name:  D4B549C1-8740-4E75-8275-CE7CB06BBB18.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  24.6 KB

Holosun 507K

My slide is at Battlewerx getting cut for a 507k right now. They go a little deeper than most (.170”) so it works with stock sights.

Pic is from their website. I’m going with all black sights.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    My slide is at Battlewerx getting cut for a 507k right now. They go a little deeper than most (.170”) so it works with stock sights.

Pic is from their website. I’m going with all black sights.
    On the left side I am sure it will be fine but on the right side I don’t see getting much engagement.
    Id be curious to know how much thread engagement you get with that low of a cut.

Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post
    Id be curious to know how much thread engagement you get with that low of a cut.
    They use integral indexing posts instead of just drilled holes so you get thread engagement for most of the height of the optic body. I would guess this actually allows for more thread engagement than a standard cut and probably significantly better than plate system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They use integral indexing posts instead of just drilled holes so you get thread engagement for most of the height of the optic body. I would guess this actually allows for more thread engagement than a standard cut and probably significantly better than plate system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Interesting. I thought the 507K was not compatible with those posts.

How is this working out? And I'm assuming that there is no plate required, the 507K just screws on to these posts? (I have a non-MOS G48 and plan to get it milled to accept a 507K "soon").

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    How is this working out? And I'm assuming that there is no plate required, the 507K just screws on to these posts? (I have a non-MOS G48 and plan to get it milled to accept a 507K "soon").
    I actually just got the slide back a few days ago and shot it for the first time yesterday.

It does not use a plate, the optic mounts directly to the slide.

I’m using a set of standard height Ameriglo Defoor sights and they cowitness in the bottom 1/4th of the window and are very unobtrusive. I’m surprised how big and usable the window feels on such a small optic.

I still prefer the way my 45 and 19 shoot to the 43x, but it seems very capable and I’m very happy with how it turned out. If it holds up it’s going to be a very nice carry piece for when I need something smaller.

User Tag List