Thread: Holosun 509T Canted Cross Bolt

Holosun 509T Canted Cross Bolt

I installed a Holosun 509T on a C&H MOS plate on my MOS G19, torqueing all bolts to specification, 10 in-lb on the plate and 20 in-lb on the cross bolt. As you can hopefully see in the attached picture, the cross bolt head is slightly canted and not parallel to the sight, slide, or "rail." Has anyone else seen this? I did disassemble and reassemble and got the same thing. Thanks. Name:  509t.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  11.9 KB

I reassembled it today and noticed that the bolt head is “square” when loose but cants when torqued to spec. Can folks with 509t’s check theirs? Thanks.

I have seen that before, but aside from aesthetics not noticed a problem with security or holding zero.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have seen that before, but aside from aesthetics not noticed a problem with security or holding zero.
    Seems a lot like a canted front sight post on an AK or the canted front sight on my 10/22 as long as you can get enough adjustment to zero it it will be ok. With my 10/22 I ran out of adjustment so I had to send it or live with it shooting 2" to the left at 25 yards.

Normal.

The torque spec in the manual is 20 pounds, IIRC. It's a fair amount of force. Both of mine end up looking like that properly torqued.

Normal, mine looks the same.

Quote Originally Posted by spelingmastir View Post
    I installed a Holosun 509T on a C&H MOS plate on my MOS G19, torqueing all bolts to specification, 10 in-lb on the plate and 20 in-lb on the cross bolt. As you can hopefully see in the attached picture, the cross bolt head is slightly canted and not parallel to the sight, slide, or "rail." Has anyone else seen this? I did disassemble and reassemble and got the same thing. Thanks. Name:  509t.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  11.9 KB
    All three of mine do that. Normal.

User Tag List