Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuckable IWB . Deep concealment holster

Tuckable IWB . Deep concealment holster

A friend lives in a very anti gun State ... needs a deep concealment Tuckable holster.
    His job frowns on carrying a pistol during work hours .. but he works in some bad places and is willing to risk carrying at work ... better getting fired than dead if he had nothing on him .
    Shirt has to be tucked in at work. Best pistol and holster set up ?
    He has a FS M&P 9 which is to big .. also has M&P Shield and XD-s 3.3 9mm.
    The dude is 6 Feet 5 inches 265 pounds
    Thanks for any help !!
    Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 07-03-2016 at 08:47 PM.

Site Supporter
    A tuckable IWB holster does not provide a level of concealment I would want for non-NPE carry, and I certainly would never bet a job on one. Tucking in the shirt almost invariably creates a gun-shaped bulge, and there is almost always a visible belt attachment.

The Shield is about the biggest thing that might be workable, and might be pushing the limits. If carried in a front pants pocket using a DeSantis Superfly with the anti-print panel left on the holster, it could work. If there is ANY doubt about whether it will work, go with something smaller like a Kel-Tec P3AT.

Carrying at work means carrying for 40-50 hours/week, being observed by the same people all day, including women who will spot details that men will miss. Any irregularity will become the subject of gossip as they try to figure out what it is. Job loss could be very costly. With all of this in mind, the gun must be smaller and better concealed than would be necessary in other circumstances.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Smaller gun, Smart Carry. Tuckable holsters don't fool anyone.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Vanguard 2.

Ive tucked it into a suit several times no one ever knew.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ny-Rig-Holster Maybe this one. I'd like to see them do something to make the wing taper away from the trigger guard instead of ending abruptly. It creates a questionable bulge as noted in the thread pics but that could b be remedied easily enough if it is indeed a problem. I would add Velcro inside the belt as the attachment point and get a thin pistol like a walther PPS 2 or a Kahr P9. Wedges if needed can be bought from Keepers concealment. Blouse your shirt and no one will ever know.
    I was originally going to recommend the RCS ACR but it looks like they don't offer it anymore. It needed modifications anyway.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I will pass along the info to him .. Thanks to all who posted!!
    Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 07-04-2016 at 02:29 AM.

I've been using JMCK Tuckable AIWB for a few months now with my Glock 43 and I really like it. http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWB-TUCKABLE.html

What Orionz06 said: a SmartCarry and a small gun.

A J-frame (whose "roundness" is helpful) or a PPS-2 (reload-ability) might work well. Few, very few people look for a gun on an obviously employed and appropriately dressed person in a place where he is supposed to be. Those things (not looking like a thug and not being out-of-bounds) are almost as important as a SmartCarry worn very low.
    Last edited by Duces Tecum; 07-04-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    What Orionz06 said: a SmartCarry and a small gun.

A J-frame (whose "roundness" is helpful) or a PPS-2 (reload-ability) might work well. Few, very few people look for a gun on an obviously employed and appropriately dressed person in a place where he is supposed to be. Those things (not looking like a thug and not being out-of-bounds) are almost as important as a SmartCarry worn very low.
    While I agree with the suggestion of a Smart Carry, I respectfully disagree with the premise that signs of a gun will not be noticed. We typically spend 40-50 hours/week at work, being observed by the same people day after day. Few men appreciate how much more women notice than men. That slight bulge or belt attachment that we think will go unnoticed WILL be noticed by someone. While we might accept a 1% chance of getting caught with a gun at the local shopping mall, once one of the ladies at the office notices that out of place detail, she will mention it of her co-workers. They will then look for it and try to figure out what it is. That 1% chance now becomes 5%, then 10%, and keeps getting worse from there until the gun is discovered. All it takes is one person noticing one out of place detail, and job loss can result.

Will one ever be standing in a place where a seated colleague might be eye level with the gun? Is there a plan to secure the gun during a trip to the post office or other place where it cannot be carried, as well as to transition it to and from one's person? Is one ever going to be seated in a place where one's ankle will be exposed as the pants leg rises up to reveal an ankle holster). Is there an easy way to work things out in a men's room? Is your workplace one in which you might be asked to empty your pockets? Is there any likelihood that a co-worker might place their hand on one's back and come in contact with the gun? If the gun carrier is female, do the ladies in the office typically give each other hugs?

These issues need to be given careful consideration before one carries at work. I have yet to see a tuckable holster I would trust to fill this need.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Smaller gun, Smart Carry. Tuckable holsters don't fool anyone.
    Deep conceal not the fastest draw but DOABLE.

Name:  Glock 3Speed.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  71.6 KB
    My 3Speed Holster I have worn mine in DEEP CONCEAL at formal events.
    “There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

User Tag List