Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lights for Gun Safe? For dial and also for inside safe?

Lights for Gun Safe? For dial and also for inside safe?

My gun safe is in a location where it’s too dark to see the dial well. I use a hand held flashlight which is annoying. I looked on amazon and there’s only kind of Chinese-made light that magnets to front of safe, like a semi-circle above the dial and shines light down. It has pretty mediocre to bad reviews and is $20

I wouldn’t mind spending 50 or 100 for a high quality light here. Not that it should be necessary but gun stuff is my hobby and I don’t want my first interaction with hobby items each time to be with a crap light.

Second, what kind of lights to go inside the safe do y’all recommend? I haven’t looked at all yet, and assume there’s lots of options including non-gun safe specific ones like battery operated string lights for dorm rooms by college kids. My gun safe (actually an rsc) lacks any kind of mount points or holes specific for these.

For inside, I have one that looks something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/eufy-Stick-An.../dp/B071CFBXXZ

(not endorsing that particular one, search for 'battery motion light' or something like that; there are zillions).

It has some of the adhesive backed velcro on the back (the 'sticky' half) that sticks to the carpet lining in the safe (the safe didn't come with a lining; the lining is self sdhesive carpet squares)

A criteria for my safe (RSC) was that I could open it in zero vis. Mine has a combination key entry lock, which upon first entry, lights up the panel. I can index the appropriate key for starting the entry sequence, and literally do it blindfolded if needed.

Inside I have a small hand-held flashlight.

My safe is pretty modest by p-f standards.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I bought a few ~3"x3" auto illuminating magnetic lights on Amazon. They were maybe $15/ea. Also got a few longer ones for the side walls that attach via adhesive that I am also happy with.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IF you get these, don't forget to open Amazon via the PF affiliate link! Not tech savvy enough to transform these links on my own...

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Not tech savvy enough to transform these links on my own...
    It looks to me like the affiliate tag gets added automagically. If you hover over the link you'll see an '&tag=ratio-07' - I think that's the magic bit.

Of course, I've been wrong before :-)

Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    It looks to me like the affiliate tag gets added automagically. If you hover over the link you'll see an '&tag=ratio-07' - I think that's the magic bit.

Of course, I've been wrong before :-)
    Correct.
    #RESIST

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Correct.
    I'm glad you retard-proof these things for posters like me

I also use one of the light switch looking ones for inside as well as some battery powered tiny string lights with a remote velcroed to the inside of the door, they both work great.

Name:  18115.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  39.7 KB

Name:  18112.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  36.6 KB

For outside I use one of these. Different levels of brightness. Strong magnet. Found it at HD in the store.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...2108/306261360

User Tag List