Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uncle mikes k frame grips.

Uncle mikes k frame grips.

Just found a set of uncle mikes round butt grips on ebay for $20+ shipping..

Ive been on the hunt for the perfect grips for me. The pachymers are great but just a tad bulky when im just wearing a t shirt. The vzs draw blood with magnums and are painful with full power loads. The wood grips from thailand just dont fit me well. They feel great but i just dont shoot well with them.

Ive heard great things about the uncle mikes but always feel like their overpriced. $20 i can do.

Site Supporter
    The Rogers / safariland grips are great too as are Precision gun specialties from brownells.

I'm down to one set of UM on my Model 12 square butt - not a perfect fit but close enough. They are good grips, I think you will like them.

To think we used to be able to buy these all day long for $20.

If you've got a handle on a set of K frame square butt UMs you're a lucky man. Had a set once and foolishly let them go.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    If you've got a handle on a set of K frame square butt UMs you're a lucky man. Had a set once and foolishly let them go.
    I've got a set that are pretty beat up but still serviceable, apparently came off a police trade-in gun. If anyone needs them, I'll send them off for the cost of postage. Let me know via PM.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I've got a set that are pretty beat up but still serviceable, apparently came off a police trade-in gun. If anyone needs them, I'll send them off for the cost of postage. Let me know via PM.
    These are by far the most "one size fits most" grip solution I have found. My Model 66 has worn these grips since 1991, and practically every one who has ever handled or fired this revolver preferred the Uncle Mikes square butt grips over any other set I've fit to it; S & W magnas, Pachmayr Presentation, Hogues of several different designs, a set of Farrant-made target grips (now gone, blast it). They are the bee's knees for an awful lot of people, and whoever owns the molds these days would make a nice bit of do$h bringing them back for the Hipster revolver revival crowd.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

They’re my favorites.

Site Supporter
    I have a set on both J frames and had a set on my 586 before I sold it. If I get another 586 they will go on it before I ever pull the trigger.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    These are gone. @dogcaller beat y'all to them.

Just got them on. They feel good dryfireing and are less bulky than the pachs.

User Tag List