Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: URGI with RC2

  1. #1

    URGI with RC2

    So gents. I have finally through a friend been able to run the RC2 on my URGI. I learned a few things. 1. The Setup I have is very balanced and I'm not going the LPVO route with this gun as of right now because of the awesome balance/weight. I really like how it feels and save the Tan M600 DF/switch that's going on there soon.....the balance is perfect with that UBR stock. 2. The H1 it comes with is useless. 3. She's gassy. Not the kind of you need a new charging handle gassy, but the DD bolt it came with is not the best for suppressed use.

    Name:  Can.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  34.3 KB




    So here are my recommended changes, if anyone has any input I would appreciate it.

    -Geissele H2 buffer
    -Lantac NP3 BCG
    -Buy an RC2 of my own
    -Comp M5 in a scalarworks lower 1/3

    -Profit.
    Last edited by navyman8903; 01-12-2020 at 09:42 AM.

  2. #2
    I remember seeing some reviews (the GarandThumb one comes to mind first) that said the URGI uppers were a bit over gassed backside thatís what the specs called for. It makes sense that a suppressor would aggravate it.

    The H2 buffer or even an H3 might mitigate the issues. I have no knowledge about the Lantac BCGs and itís hard to go wrong with Aimpoints in Scalarworks mounts. Iím running a T2 on an absolute cowitness Scalarworks mount that I like a lot.


    Iím hoping the Super Duty 11.5Ē uppers arenít over gassed because I plan on eventually mounting an RC2 on the one I ordered. I remember you posting that you also ordered one. Have you heard anything about gas port dimensions?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I remember seeing some reviews (the GarandThumb one comes to mind first) that said the URGI uppers were a bit over gassed backside thatís what the specs called for. It makes sense that a suppressor would aggravate it.

    The H2 buffer or even an H3 might mitigate the issues. I have no knowledge about the Lantac BCGs and itís hard to go wrong with Aimpoints in Scalarworks mounts. Iím running a T2 on an absolute cowitness Scalarworks mount that I like a lot.


    Iím hoping the Super Duty 11.5Ē uppers arenít over gassed because I plan on eventually mounting an RC2 on the one I ordered. I remember you posting that you also ordered one. Have you heard anything about gas port dimensions?
    .068 is the gas port. Lots of people are super excited about it on ARFCOM. I'm new to suppressed use so I'm not super savvy on what that means. But they were all saying it's good to go for cans.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    .068 is the gas port. Lots of people are super excited about it on ARFCOM. I'm new to suppressed use so I'm not super savvy on what that means. But they were all saying it's good to go for cans.
    Wish they wouldíve punched that on BF. Over gassing was my main concern. I donít know what an ideal 11.5 gas port is off the top of my head but 14.5 middies are good around .074-76 so that sounds about right.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    0.070 is what Colt uses on the 11.5" Barrels. Geiselle runs a nice gas port size as well on the 11.5". If I would have known more about the 11.5" Super Duty Specs on Black Friday, I would have ordered one too lol

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    .068 is the gas port. Lots of people are super excited about it on ARFCOM. I'm new to suppressed use so I'm not super savvy on what that means. But they were all saying it's good to go for cans.
    Thatís good news. The gas port size was my only real concern. So far Iím glad I took a chance and ordered one. Hopefully it actually ships at some point.

    I got to try out an RC2 owned by a friend last year and I was sold. Iíll likely order one early next year.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    0.070 is what Colt uses on the 11.5" Barrels. Geiselle runs a nice gas port size as well on the 11.5". If I would have known more about the 11.5" Super Duty Specs on Black Friday, I would have ordered one too lol
    I was honestly eyeballing the 11.5 BCM government profile barrel. But it's more expensive than the Geissele with less features. Even with the Geissele 11.5 at full price it's a better deal. Better charging handle, better bolt, better gas port size, bombproof Geissele gas block..........AND! you don't have to pay for a surefire compatible muzzle device.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •