Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The USN vs. the UFOs

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    So you mean to say you believe in Allah, the Qur'an and Islam but UFOs are make believe? I think you'd better start reading up on Project Blue Book. (Those books on the subject were exciting stuff as a kid.)

And you, a sci-fi and fantasy type. (And me the opposite.)
    UFO = Unidentified Flying Object.

If your vision is bad enough, everything is unidentified.

Hence any flying object is a UFO if your vision is bad enough.

Is joke.

As stated, carry on.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    The "cube in a sphere" object sounds remarkably similar to a version of submarine-launched decoys.
    I've never heard anyone mention a "cube in a sphere" to describe a UFO or offer a possible explanation before...

In the mid-80's we lived in Jacksonville, FL. One night my parents went out to eat and left my brother and I at home (I was 14, he was 9). At some point we were both in the living room and heard a strange, unidentifiable noise coming from his bedroom...we both kept looking at each other trying to figure out what the sound was. To my imagination, it sound like some type of mechanical device or energy ray being used to cut a hole in the exterior wall to gain entry.

I retrieved my dad's J-Frame that he thought was "hidden" from us and did a classic 80's TV "muzzle up" room entry. What I found was that somehow one of my brother's Stomper toy trucks (anyone remember those?) had fallen from a shelf, landed upside down on his bed and turned itself on...it was clawing around with it's wheels in the air like a bug trying to right itself.

A little while later, while still coming down from the adrenalin dump, for some reason I took a look outside through one of our front windows. What I saw in the sky was a red and green "cube in a sphere"...it looked like laser lights and was rotating. My reaction caused my brother to take a look, and he saw it also...freaked both of us the fuck out.

We didn't tell our folks about either incident when they got home.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I believe people saw something, so I lump the sightings in with sea stories, not fairy tales. But I'm not buying any of them.
    I don't "believe" anything but I know what I saw. It remains unexplained. I'm skeptical of anything I can't verify.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    UFO = Unidentified Flying Object.

If your vision is bad enough, everything is unidentified.

Hence any flying object is a UFO if your vision is bad enough.

Is joke.

As stated, carry on.
    I knew that, BBI. I was just hoping you'd bite and give an opinion on the subject. It was worth a try.

Site Supporter
    I read that during WWI, midwest farmers were reporting Zeppelins flying over the corn fields. Some told of Germans landing and talking to them. No reports of German 'probes' though. We have pretty good records that the Germans never did that.

Got some pretty dope news of the weird threads going on lately. Let me know when the "big ass P-F paranormal thread" fires up, and I’ll pull out sone stories.

No good UFO stuff on my end, other than my eyes are worse than BBI’s.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    I've never heard anyone mention a "cube in a sphere" to describe a UFO or offer a possible explanation before...
    Here’s the website/article that I got the “cube in a sphere” from: Airborne Radar Reflectors

Here’s another one on Navy efforts at radar jamming and spoofing: Navy Electronic Warfare

I post the EW article not to presume that the specific program references there is part of this “Tic Tac” UFO, but to instead point out that Radar data on the supposed performance of a vehicle can be manipulated. There’s also a phenomenon with Navy Aegis radar systems where a contact can appear to “zoom” at very high speeds but is actually just a bug/glitch in the system.

I’m not trying to say there there is no physical vehicle or object in these incidents that the New York Times or anyone else is discussing, but at least some of the radar-based performance data can be considered suspect.

There’s a huge black budget for defense, and doubtless fleets of unacknowledged aerospace efforts. The last one openly revealed was the Bird of Prey, revealed back in ‘03 or so. I’m sure that lots of advancements are regularly occurring.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

So you mean to say you believe in Allah, the Qur'an and Islam but UFOs are make believe? I think you'd better start reading up on Project Blue Book. (Those books on the subject were exciting stuff as a kid.)

And you, a sci-fi and fantasy type. (And me the opposite.)
    Just by the by, Project Blue Book, the TV series is going to start its second season in a week or so. First season was kinda fun.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Just by the by, Project Blue Book, the TV series is going to start its second season in a week or so. First season was kinda fun.
    Never saw it but I was a fan of Donald Keyhoe as a kid.

Never saw it but I was a fan of Donald Keyhoe as a kid.
    I don't know if it's up your alley or not as it is quite a bit scifi ish (conspiracies, advanced tech etc...), but it's a nice little ride with actual cases from the real project Blue book.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List