Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The USN vs. the UFOs

Site Supporter

The USN vs. the UFOs

Here you go - from the USNI blog:

https://blog.usni.org/posts/2020/01/...y-and-the-uaps

They're here!!

When I was a kid, about 1960 or so, away at camp in upstate NY for a few weeks I saw something I'll never forget.

Laying in my mummy roll looking up into the night sky I saw three red dots, (think meteor-like), arcing in some sort of formation across the sky. All of a sudden they reversed course on a dime and went back screaming across the sky in the opposite direction. It wasn't a searchlight or anything like that. It was like a point of light that suddenly changed direction, completely and abruptly without warning. Blew my mind and still does to this day.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

If we narrow ourselves to four possible explanations we have:

1.) Simulated decoys or unintelligent natural phenomena

2.) U.S. advanced aerospace technology

3.) Foreign advanced aerospace technology

4.) Intelligent extra-terrrestrial life

I think this is a combination of 1.) and 2.) - most of my opinions on this are from following The War Zone website. The "cube in a sphere" object sounds remarkably similar to a version of submarine-launched decoys. The Navy is also open about developing new forms of decoys and jammings that could explain some of the radar contacts. Advanced defense-oriented aerospace technology seems like it can account for the rest.

I totally discount advanced enemy aerospace objects. China and Russia no doubt have their secrets, but I believe them incapable and uninterested in producing vehicles and technologies such as what has been described.

While I do believe that humanity is not the only intelligent life in our galaxy, I find the idea that it exists, has discovered us, and is somehow content with only playing around with the U.S. Navy in its exercise areas over the course of decade extraordinarily dubious.
    Last edited by Bergeron; 01-12-2020 at 10:33 AM.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    When I was a kid, about 1960 or so, away at camp in upstate NY for a few weeks I saw something I'll never forget.

Laying in my mummy roll looking up into the night sky I saw three red dots, (think meteor-like), arcing in some sort of formation across the sky. All of a sudden they reversed course on a dime and went back screaming across the sky in the opposite direction. It wasn't a searchlight or anything like that. It was like a point of light that suddenly changed direction, completely and abruptly without warning. Blew my mind and still does to this day.
    Same thing happened to me at camp in the Catskills. I was about 8, the kids and counselors saw a shining cross with a glowing circle flying across the sky about dusk. Hmm!

Also saw a large critter with glowing golden eyes and glowing tail in the woods bordering the camp! It was about man sized. Hmm!

Likewise I can remember one experience around 1978 in the lower Hudson Valley NYS in particular being so intense it truly was a shit yourself moment in my life, whatever it was, was silent and just over the treeline, had a circular shape if memory serves me I would say 100' in diameter with circular lighting and a spotlight, it was right over our heads so to speak, my friends and I were pounding on a strangers door begging them to let us in we were so frightened. I have also seen like others have mentioned of what looked like a formation of red spots/dots in the sky which changed direction instantaneously then two split off and streaked away from the others.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Anything in the sky is a UFO if your vision is bad enough.

Carry on.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Anything in the sky is a UFO if your vision is bad enough.

Carry on.
    So you mean to say you believe in Allah, the Qur'an and Islam but UFOs are make believe? I think you'd better start reading up on Project Blue Book. (Those books on the subject were exciting stuff as a kid.)

And you, a sci-fi and fantasy type. (And me the opposite.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Interesting...

I count the U.S. Naval Institute as a pretty credible organization, so this holds more water than a New York Times story for me.
    But is is the Institute’s blog, so I’m not sure how much of a free-for-all it is on the blog there.

I am not sci-fi fan at all! When I was 17 I had perfect vision so .....
    Last edited by GOTURBACK; 01-12-2020 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    but UFOs are make believe?
    I believe people saw something, so I lump the sightings in with sea stories, not fairy tales. But I'm not buying any of them.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List