Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Protection From Theft While At The Range

Having a second gun on me confounds the debate I constantly have with myself:

A small revolver because it's good for contact shots, but low capacity; a J-Frame?
    -or-
    A small pistol that uses the same mags and operating system as my primary; a G26?
    Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy in NH View Post
    Having a second gun on me confounds the debate I constantly have with myself:

A small revolver because it's good for contact shots, but low capacity; a J-Frame?
    -or-
    A small pistol that uses the same mags and operating system as my primary; a G26?
    Potential for multiple targets would provide the answer, imho. (We are discussing worst case scenarios here.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think the same applies to most of us, (but for the bad puns). None of us gets through this life without a few stories to tell.

I enjoy writing, but I think I prefer telling the stories to friends, online or in the non-virtual world, more than I'm inclined to set them down for profit.

Appreciate your saying so, though. It means a lot. (Bad puns and all.)

We could all contribute stories and call it Law and Order PF.Com......
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    We could all contribute stories and call it Law and Order PF.Com......
    There's the "roll call" thread in the L.E. forum that garners a few tales. And there have been a few disparate threads that have done the same. But probably no one single receptacle that can claim all or most.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    The club I belong to is very close off the road. The strangest thing that has happened to me there was when I was with a friend. We had been shooting for a few hours, and when we went to change targets I could hear the faint sound of somebody's voice through my electronic ear pro. Getting back to the line witch is relatively close to the road I hear a voice again but this time I can decipher words. "FUCK YOU" my friend and I both turn twords the road. A man on a bike is standing on the side of the road closest to the range looking directly at us and just screaming fuck you and flipping us off. We looked at him.. looked at our slung rifles and decided the best course of action was to pay him no mind. Still kinda strange tho.
    Probably a masshole

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Probably a masshole
    I would almost bet money on it.
    Last edited by snow white; 01-13-2020 at 06:50 PM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    One more story, this took place at a public pit. Popular for shooting as welk as ATV and dirt bike riding as its connected to a network of class 6 roads. I was doing some rifle shooting alone (or so I thought) to about 250 yards. I think I may have knocked the steel over i was shooting at so i went down range to stand it back up. As I get down to my target I hear the sound of dirt bikes, not uncommon so it didn't set off any alarms...till I turned around. Two people riding dirt bikes had come from the woods down one of the berms and headed straight twords my car. They stopped and started looking inside the car through the windows. Just like some of you like to keep a loaded pistol I like to keep a loaded ar mag in my back pocket if I'm doing rifle stuff. I had my pistol as well but I was probably 300 yards from my car. So I see them and start yelling, they look at me just in time to see me load and charge my rifle, i never pointed it at them but had it at a low ready as i moved twords them. They took off once they realized the special situation they got themselves into. The thing that bothers me the most about it is they had to have been watching me for a while. Not only that but watching me from the woods on top of a berm I shoot into. Still kinda gives me chills.
    Yeah, this is why I stopped shooting on BLM land a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Yeah, this is why I stopped shooting on BLM land a long time ago.
    "BLM land" is too varied to just dismiss shooting on it at all.
    Within an hour or two of me I can be on a salt flat with sight lines only limited by the earths curvature and not a living creature for miles or tucked away in a pit next to a river recreation area full of shifty characters with neck tattoos.

There are times I won't shoot at the gun club I am president of because I don't like the looks of the people on the firing line (semi-private club, by lease agreement our membership must be open to the general public). I can't toss people for being shady if they're following the rules.
    At other times I will camp, hike and shoot on BLM land for two or three days at a time and not see another person the entire time.

Only place I absolutely won't go to is a somewhat local indoor range because their air filtration system is shit and I don't want black lung.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Banned
    The club I belong to is very close off the road. The strangest thing that has happened to me there was when I was with a friend. We had been shooting for a few hours, and when we went to change targets I could hear the faint sound of somebody's voice through my electronic ear pro. Getting back to the line witch is relatively close to the road I hear a voice again but this time I can decipher words. "FUCK YOU" my friend and I both turn twords the road. A man on a bike is standing on the side of the road closest to the range looking directly at us and just screaming fuck you and flipping us off. We looked at him.. looked at our slung rifles and decided the best course of action was to pay him no mind. Still kinda strange tho.
    I was at work one morning checking substations when a guy riding a bike passed by on the road. The guy was in his thirties and the first thing he said was "You're at my dad's work." then he saw my gun (holstered) and went absolutely ballistic. First he started screaming that the gun was fake then he started telling me he was going to kick my ass and get me fired. He rolled on down the hill and he was still screaming something I couldn't understand when he passed completely out of earshot.

I never saw him again but I'm sure he was a half a bubble off plumb

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I was at work one morning checking substations when a guy riding a bike passed by on the road. The guy was in his thirties and the first thing he said was "You're at my dad's work." then he saw my gun (holstered) and went absolutely ballistic. First he started screaming that the gun was fake then he started telling me he was going to kick my ass and get me fired. He rolled on down the hill and he was still screaming something I couldn't understand when he passed completely out of earshot.

I never saw him again but I'm sure he was a half a bubble off plumb
    The only thing you can do is laugh man.

User Tag List