Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SCCY CPX-RD: worthy of consideration?

The Kel-Tec P-11 was the first pistol I bought 11 years ago. It has been a good little gun. I’ve upgraded the sights, trigger, mag release, slide lock, & got some MecGar 12rd mags for it. Brought the trigger pull from 12# to 8.5 with the factory updated spring and then got that down to 6 5/8 pounds. I’ve always thought the SCCY pistols were just clones. But in watching that MCARBO video I noticed that they have actually improved on the ergonomics & a few other little things of the P-11. The trigger profile looks closer to my aftermarket trigger & the way it installs looks better. It has a slide release instead of the little nub slide lock. And now the MRDS is on it. I saw one for sale at a pawn shop with the purple grip. Now I’m actually kinda interested in it. I may need to go check it out again...
    Last edited by AdioSS; 02-21-2021 at 11:14 AM.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    "Huh. I'm seeing hits from p-f in the sitemeter. Haven't been by in a while. I wonder what's shaking over there?"

Name:  1275937249093s.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  13.8 KB

I guess it's inevitable...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I shoot a LOT of SCCYs, albeit two rounds at a time into a water tank. With the number of feeding issues I've seen out of a two round sampling test and the recoil impulse compared to other compact nines that get the same testing they are a "Nope" for me. JMHO. Those who have them and like them, carry on. Were I still in the biz of policy writing, I would not authorize these as an officially sanctioned OD gun. On your own time and CCH, not agency creds? Your choice. It sure as hell wouldn't be mine.

SCCY initial outing

Went to the range today with my new SCCY. It was cleaned and oiled before range time. I shot 50 rounds of CCI Blazer 124 grain FMJ. I loaded 9 rounds (9+1) in the two supplied magazines.....the 10th round was a struggle to get in. The pistol worked great....except....chambering the last round from each magazine. The jump from the magazine to the feed ramp is not excessive at all......either distance or angle. And I saw nothing on the breach face that would inhibit feeding, but the round never got close to going under the extractor. I could tap the slide forward and it would move, then bind, never going into battery.

I then loaded up one round in each magazine and inserted the mag with the slide locked back. The magazine release was used to send the slide home. I did this ten times for each mag. Chambered and fired perfectly. So I don't know if the last round is moving forward in the mag or what.

I am going to clean it again and shoot another 50 rounds of the same ammo through it and see what happens. Not stressing at all. If she still won't work I'll just send it back to SCCY.

Yeah, it seems to be one of those guns that does require a break-in period. I'd say give it 150ish rounds for that for sure.

User Tag List