Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holster Hunting

Site Supporter

Holster Hunting

As most anyone who has access to the internet you search, and search, read, and read, look and look at hundreds if not thousands of pictures/reviews/videos trying to find the ONE holster that will be perfect. I had picked up an Olight PL-Mini for my G19 and needed a holster.

I did all that research and found the Werkz M6.

But it was uncomfortable. I tried the clip that came with it, tried it with and without the wing, tried it at different heights, tried it with two Direct Carry Concept clips, tried it with one, everything. It just dug into my belly. I emailed Werkz and they were extremely helpful(Chik Fi La helpful). Their customer service is great. I'd order from them again and will because they sell attachment wings that turn the IWB holster into an OWB holster.

Sooo, the next holster I ordered was from Better Man Concealment. It looked kinda like the Werkz, but the attachment holes were not so far on the side; more centerline. It also had a bump/protrusion to help tuck in the grip.
    (Not my picture)

It doesn't dig like the Werkz M6, and I don't know why. The rear of the holsters don't look very different.

One thing Werkz suggested was soft loops but those things are bulky! Granted I bought some cheap ones that possibly don't lay as flat as they should, but I doubt it would make much difference.

Since this holster was working I tried some other things. I had some bubble wrap laying around from one of the many boxes Amazon had delivered before Christmas so I Macgyvered a wedge.

I like how the wedge works but bubble wrap gets hot so I don't recommend it.

Because of job regulations, I remove my gun/holster and lock it in my vehicle while in the office. The claw does not lend itself to smooth removal. It does a great job tucking the grip in but works best if you can leave it in place all day.

Looking at a plastic clip I had laying around I decided to try making my own "claw". I don't use the plastic clips. I replace them with DCC clips. I wanted the plastic clip to attach to the two top holes but drilled my hole wrong. So my plastic clip attaches at an angle that works better than what I had planned.

It works too well. It really pushes in and hides the grip, too much. I may cut the top off and just use one piece. I ordered a Mod 8 DCC because I needed a little more length to conceal my G19. I think it may be "just right". We'll see.

Any ideas, recommendations, improvements are welcome.
    --Jason--

Eww. Yeah. Buy one from Tenicor, JM Custom, and Dark Star Gear.

Wear the one that works best.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post

Hard to argue with any of those options.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter

I looked at those companies. They didn't have what I wanted or a holster for my light.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I looked at those companies. They didn't have what I wanted or a holster for my light.
    This won’t fit the light?

https://tenicor.com/products/sagax-lux-aiwb-holster

Site Supporter
    No, the Olights are not listed. But what I didn't do was email and ask. I assumed since it wasn't mentioned it wouldn't work. I'll send them an email.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    Buy an SCD.

I just received today my JMCK order, got a wing claw 2.5, and an OWB2 and two single pistol magazine pouch version2. First impression, fit and finish is top notch with a slick draw, sturdy hardware, both are incredibly thin considering the full size gun they carry, there is no extra bulk and concealment seems to be very good.

There’s a reason there’s a trend among holsters used by the collective here - they’re well-made, comfy, durable and generally don’t require a lot of futzing with to make work. The holsters you’ve pictured look like traditional dime-a-dozen kydex benders who throw a claw on a zero-cant holster and think it’s a viable appendix holster.

I understand you wanted something that works with your Olight, but for the money you’ve spent on dud holsters so far you could’ve gotten a light in more common use and a holster from a more vetted company.

Oh good Lord! You are (a little) worse than me. After years of “customizing” various lesser rigs, along with a fair bit of crafting my own kydex, I have finally figured it out and am apparently keeping Tony Mayer’s house note paid. Even to the extent of buying his “Universal IWB” holsters that will spend most of their life in the purses of various females. I have finally learned the lesson that buying the best (or thereabouts) usually saves money and reduces frustration. JMCK for the win!

User Tag List