Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holster Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Crash41984 View Post
    Me neither, but only because he does make gear for everything I have bought.
    Dawson Sights and JMCK are becoming my checklist before I get really horny for something/anything new.

The Rule of Cheap Gear comes into play- cheap gear cost you a lot more in the long run then just buying the good stuff in the beginning.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    The Rule of Cheap Gear comes into play- cheap gear cost you a lot more in the long run then just buying the good stuff in the beginning.
    Of course, it helps to know what the good stuff is first.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

He dont need no stinkin holster!
    Name:  belt carry.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  53.6 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by snubasaurus View Post
    Le sigh.

That's Level 6 retention, at least!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Good to know someone discovered an actual use for a PT belt.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Oh good Lord! You are (a little) worse than me. After years of “customizing” various lesser rigs, along with a fair bit of crafting my own kydex, I have finally figured it out and am apparently keeping Tony Mayer’s house note paid. Even to the extent of buying his “Universal IWB” holsters that will spend most of their life in the purses of various females. I have finally learned the lesson that buying the best (or thereabouts) usually saves money and reduces frustration. JMCK for the win!

Blades, if I may....second this opinion ^^^^^. First, I've paid for every piece I've received from JMCK, and although I've never met John, I'm sure he's the real deal. I've tried many different holster makers and through literally paying my dues, I don't see how you can get better value than with JMCK. I'm a satisfied customer who believes in customer satisfaction. At JMCK, their combination of a #1 FINISHED product (all the little things, like sharp edges/tightened screws, etc.), excellent customer service, and, something that isn't usually mentioned - patience, is finished by a price point that is aimed at the working man. Why do I say "patience?" John has answered each and every one of my emails himself. At the risk of repeating myself - JMCK does business the old fashioned way.
    Last edited by 11B10; 01-20-2020 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Blades, if I may....second this opinion ^^^^^. First, I've paid for every piece I've received from JMCK, and although I've never met John, I'm sure he's the real deal. I've tried many different holster makers and through literally paying my dues, I don't see how you can get better value than with JMCK. I'm a satisfied customer who believes in customer satisfaction. At JMCK, their combination of a #1 FINISHED product (all the little things, like sharp edges/tightened screws, etc.), excellent customer service, and, something that isn't usually mentioned - patience, is finished by a price point that is aimed at the working man. Why do I say "patience?" John has answered each and every one of my emails himself. At the risk of repeating myself - JMCK does business the old fashioned way.

Thanks for the kudos! We are happy that our hard work is appreciated!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post

Any ideas, recommendations, improvements are welcome.
    Saw that thing in half and put it out of its misery.

1-Email Tony and tell him what you want from a holster.
    2-Buy whatever he tells you to.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

User Tag List