Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 313

Thread: The big 10.5"-12.5" general purpose pistol/SBR thread

  1. #291
    Site Supporter Trukinjp13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Michigan


    Old pic bipod helped zeroing the new mount.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #292
    Likes 10.3 & 11.5 barrels Casual Friday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    In the process of rebuilding my current 10.5 LMT with a 12.5 Middy Noveske barrel and replacing the current DD 7.0 Omega Rail with a 10in BCM MCMR and I'd like to upgrade the weapon light to finish it off.

    Current weaponlight is a Surefire G2 Led with a momentary tailcap in a Vltor mount attached to a MI FSB mount.

    I haven't looked at long gun weapon lights in a while and would be interested in some suitable suggestions.
    I'm a fan of Arisaka Scout pattern lights. The E2XT head made by Malkoff on their 600 series light body is a very capable WML.

  3. #293
    Shakin' it here Boss! awp_101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    DFW
    Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    I haven't looked at long gun weapon lights in a while and would be interested in some suitable suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I'm a fan of Arisaka Scout pattern lights. The E2XT head made by Malkoff on their 600 series light body is a very capable WML.
    Arisaka and Malkoff are the easy button. IIRC my 9mm carbine has the E2XT and an Arisaka 300 body, I’ll check this evening.
    Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy

    Wheel of Morality turn turn turn. Tell us the lesson we should learn

  4. #294
    Likes 10.3 & 11.5 barrels Casual Friday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Arisaka and Malkoff are the easy button. IIRC my 9mm carbine has the E2XT and an Arisaka 300 body, I’ll check this evening.
    It's kinda pointless to run the E2XT on a single cell body. The output is similar to the E1HT and nowhere near it's full potential.

  5. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    I haven't looked at long gun weapon lights in a while and would be interested in some suitable suggestions.
    Modlite or Cloud Defensive would probably be my first picks. After that, SureFire, possibly Malkoff. Streamlight last, but still something I'd have no problems considering. Consider budget, rechargeables vs. primary cells vs. dual fuel, and how much throw you need to make a decision on specific models.

  6. #296
    Shakin' it here Boss! awp_101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    DFW
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    It's kinda pointless to run the E2XT on a single cell body. The output is similar to the E1HT and nowhere near it's full potential.
    That’s why I prefaced it with IIRC. I double checked and the 9mm is a 300 body and E1HT. The good 5.56 carbine is a 600 style body and E2XTL head.
    Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy

    Wheel of Morality turn turn turn. Tell us the lesson we should learn

  7. #297
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Thanks guys, Arisaka seems like a solid option

  8. #298
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Greater PDX, OR
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    Finally got around to Form 1-ing my LMT lower. I no longer have to fool with swapping my upper to a dedicated pistol lower when I want to use the 10.5” barrel in my MRP. I should’ve done this years ago.

    I still need a can, and a proper carbine light.

    Attachment 73996
    Sorry for the necro - I stumbled across this thread and thought an update was in order.

    I still haven’t bought a new light… but Silencerco was running a BOGO sale last year so I purchased an Omega and got a “free” Octane 45 (you still have to buy the stamp). It happened to coincide quite nicely with ATF’s eForms update. The Omega was approved in just 75 days. The Octane took awhile to ship, and apparently eForms are taking quite awhile to get approved now. I’m on Day 18, and I’m expecting it to be at least 180 days if current wait times are any indication.

    Anyways, here’s a long, heavy 10.5.

    Name:  760782D6-4C92-43D0-96FE-0A56FAD8318B.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  73.6 KB

  9. #299
    Shakin' it here Boss! awp_101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    DFW
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    apparently eForms are taking quite awhile to get approved now. I’m on Day 18, and I’m expecting it to be at least 180 days if current wait times are any indication.
    A couple of weeks ago the guy at my preferred LGS told me they're running about 155 days right now...
    Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy

    Wheel of Morality turn turn turn. Tell us the lesson we should learn

  10. #300
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Greater PDX, OR
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    A couple of weeks ago the guy at my preferred LGS told me they're running about 155 days right now...
    My buddy just got approved at 212, which doesn’t inspire confidence.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •