Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The big 10.5"-12.5" general purpose pistol/SBR thread

The PSAs are an interesting option I hadn't thought about. I've had a 16" 5.56 complete upper (bought new) and a 16" 9mm complete upper (bought used) that were just fine for the few rounds I put through them before moving them on. I guess I forgot they can be decent if you're willing to run the risk of having to "finish their build" as someone said.

Right now I'm not sure what's nuttier. Is it:

1. Considering a new PSA upper and lower to have a complete 11.5" pistol for ~$500

2. Considering a used BCM 11.5" upper w/o the bolt and CH for ~$500 putting me closer to $650 for just the upper

3. Considering either when today's range session proved that what I REALLY need is a case of 9mm, a case of 5.56, a class or 5 and a gym membership...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    3. Considering either when today's range session proved that what I REALLY need is a case of 9mm, a case of 5.56, a class or 5 and a gym membership...
    Dude if you gotta spend money I'd spend it on a class taught one of these Delta force combat vets, all within driving distance.

https://www.greeneyetactical.com/calendar/ (DFW!)
    https://sobtactical.com/classes/texas/
    http://www.combatshootingandtactics.com/calendar.htm

I mean it's already incredible to be able to own assault rifles, but not only that you get trained in how to use them by ex-members of the world's most elite unit. You can always get another upper but how long with this training be legal? It's easier to ban the training, like they're trying to do in VA, then it is to ban the parts which are everywhere nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    The Black River Tactical Covert Comp is the best blast forward device I've tried and it's basically the same length and weight as an A2 birdcage.
    Yes. Yes, it is
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    The Black River Tactical Covert Comp is the best blast forward device I've tried and it's basically the same length and weight as an A2 birdcage.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Yes. Yes, it is
    Interesting. I don't have much of a care about such things right now, but I actually think I have one of those, plus a bunch of other prototype comps from Black River, from way back when I was writing.

I may have to try and dig it up.
    https://www.blackrivertactical.com/c...5/covert-comp/

Great thread.
    #RESIST

I just finished up a pistol build using a Noveske Gen1 stripped lower and filled it with a Geissele trigger, their Ultra Duty LPK and threw a SBA3 on it. Snagged a 10.5 complete upper from them on Cyber Monday to finish it out. First 50rds shot last week and irons were producing less than 2" at 50yds. I'm anticipating that shrinking up some once I can the T2 sighted in. I wanted to go a smidge longer, but Michigan law said no
    Last edited by Crash41984; 01-13-2020 at 01:20 PM.

What would you guys suggest for flash suppression on a 11.5 upper? I dont have a can and cant see getting one in the near future. I'm leaning twords the warcomp, Would a blow forward comp be a better option?

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    What would you guys suggest for flash suppression on a 11.5 upper? I dont have a can and cant see getting one in the near future. I'm leaning twords the warcomp, Would a blow forward comp be a better option?
    +1 for Warcomp

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    +1 for Warcomp
    Ok good. I have them on my other rifles and I really like them I was just unsure if they worked well with shorter barrels.
    P.s. waiting for NFA stuff is for the birds.

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    Ok good. I have them on my other rifles and I really like them I was just unsure if they worked well with shorter barrels.
    P.s. waiting for NFA stuff is for the birds.
    We have them on all our work shortys.

User Tag List