Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The big 10.5"-12.5" general purpose pistol/SBR thread

Update on my Adams Arms 11.5” upper from post #3...

260 rounds through it... had the piston rod bend inside the upper. Nothing extreme went through the gun... Hornady .223 CD and XM855.

Sent it back to AA, and then returned it in a few weeks. Ran my PSA AK-P in my truck during that time. No paperwork came back with it, so sent an email asking what went on. Don’t get me wrong, if they fixed it... great, but I’m not relying on it without know what was wrong/what was done (and then, I’m putting some ammo through it to confirm).

Replaced the carrier (got chewed up by the offset hits) and piston rod. They said two things cause a bent piston... bad install (not the case) or a bad heat treatment on the piston rod. Tossed 350 rounds through it since it came back... so feel comfortable with it.

Some shots of what I had prior to sending it in.

Have a PSA parts kit coming today, hopefully the receiver I’m using will be here in the next week or two.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...kit-black.html

Been wanting to do a pseudo Heat build, and saw the 11.5” come up on PSA. Swapping in a SBA3, doing it on an “M4 Carbine” lower, and tossing in an Echo trigger. Will look different with the detachable carry handle, but will get the job done.

Pulled apart my BCM 16” upper that was on a preban lower to put this CT legal “Other” together. We’ll see how the comp is on this gun but I’m figuring I’ll probably replace it at some point.

LMT Lower
    ALG LPK & Trigger
    SBA3
    Spikes T2 buffer
    BCM Grip & Vertical Grip
    BCM Upper
    BCM BCG
    BCM Comp
    Rosco 12.5” Barrel
    Geissele MK4 Rail
    Geissele Gas Block
    Geissele SOPMOD Mount
    Vortex Razor Gen II

Name:  F4440185-2071-4B8A-9B52-3BE214D9EBCB.jpg
Views: 1659
Size:  33.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    I just ordered the Vertx Gamut Overland Backpack for my Springfield Armory Saint Edge Pistol which is 24 3/4 overall.

The Overland main compartment according to the Vertx website is 26.5 by 16 wide and diagonally is 27.5. I'll let you know how it works and include photos once it arrives.

it's $239 on the Vertx website, but if you use the WARPOET discount code you get 25% off.
    Thought I'd get a couple quick photos of my Vertx Overland posted. It looks like the Saint is too long, but the interior dimensions include the top of the bag which adds to the overall interior measurements. The bag has the Saint Edge Pistol, 5 30 rd. magazines, 32 oz. Hydro Flask Water Bottle, Medical Kit, 2 Pistol Mags, and other odds and ends. I haven't finalized the load out and still have some Vertx mag pouches on order. Once closed the end of the Maxim Brace comes right to the end of the closed top of the bag, so I'm not sure how well a 26 inch overall pistol would actually fit. Hope this helps.

Name:  Overland Exterior.jpg
Views: 1278
Size:  26.4 KBName:  Overland Interior.jpg
Views: 1294
Size:  28.7 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Ordered this 12.5 Triarc upper back in May. Got it last week which gave me time to plan out the setup. So far I am pretty impressed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Colt 6933 upper with a comp m4 on a bcm lower shooting some old Russian steel cased ammo. At 512 yards on a windless day with a buddy spotting hits for me and a quick guesstimate on holds from strelok I managed these 5 hits out of 12 rounds total fired at that distance. My biggest problem was not having a good reference on the berm for my holdover. No pics, but I was making regular hits at 200 and 300 on 6 inch plates too.

Name:  CF6F1ADC-22E0-45B0-970D-CE5751065F48.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  100.6 KB

@Casual Friday I’ll tag you just because I know you’re a fan of the 6933 & @TGS ya’ll were two of the folks whose thoughts on smaller guns led me to putting this together and I’m pretty stoked with the performance with what little shooting I’ve been able to do with it due to ammo prices.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

I have a vltor A5 system on its way. Ill be replacing A1 stock on my main rifle. The LOP is just a tad long. A1stock+LAW folder= 1/4 inch longer than A2 LOP.
    Name:  20210604_162106.jpg
Views: 957
Size:  54.1 KB
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Ordered this 12.5 Triarc upper back in May. Got it last week which gave me time to plan out the setup. So far I am pretty impressed.
    My buddy ordered his in SEP2020, and they quoted him 10-14 weeks. He's at 34 weeks now, if I counted my fingers right. Is it as good as everyone says it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Colt 6933 upper with a comp m4 on a bcm lower shooting some old Russian steel cased ammo. At 512 yards on a windless day with a buddy spotting hits for me and a quick guesstimate on holds from strelok I managed these 5 hits out of 12 rounds total fired at that distance. My biggest problem was not having a good reference on the berm for my holdover. No pics, but I was making regular hits at 200 and 300 on 6 inch plates too.

Name:  CF6F1ADC-22E0-45B0-970D-CE5751065F48.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  100.6 KB

@Casual Friday I’ll tag you just because I know you’re a fan of the 6933 & @TGS ya’ll were two of the folks whose thoughts on smaller guns led me to putting this together and I’m pretty stoked with the performance with what little shooting I’ve been able to do with it due to ammo prices.
    Congrats on a fine purchase. You'll get many years of great service from that upper. I've had mine since 2014, in addition to a couple police trade-in 6933 uppers that I bought from Triarc a couple years ago. They just flat out work. The OG started keyholing on me 2 or 3 months ago and I thought I had shot the barrel out, but I discovered that it was a bad batch of ammo that was keyholing in all my uppers. I only had a couple hundred rounds of it thankfully.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Is this the middy 12.5 Triarc? If so, how are you liking it?

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    My buddy ordered his in SEP2020, and they quoted him 10-14 weeks. He's at 34 weeks now, if I counted my fingers right. Is it as good as everyone says it is?
    Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Is this the middy 12.5 Triarc? If so, how are you liking it?
    I do love this upper! Runs smooth and shoots well. I have not seriously tested accuracy, but it groups noticeably better than my 16” BCM. Maybe that’s not saying much…

So much less blast than my 10.5. With an A2 it’s not obnoxious at all where a find the 10.5 concussion no fun. Added a BRT comp and it’s manageable, but the 12.5 is downright pleasant.

User Tag List