Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The big 10.5"-12.5" general purpose pistol/SBR thread

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Aghast at the silence? Jesus christ dude, it's been like a half hour, sorry that I didn't read your post right away. Dramatic much?

It looks like the chart for Geissele recommends H3 for suppressed. I can easily see that, suppressors introduce a lot of backpressure. Like I said, I don't think it will probably make a huge difference anyway given an H buffer + LAW BCG extension is nearly the equal of an H3.

So, okay. I honestly didn't know that Geissele shipped their 10.3" guns with H3s. As I said, Crane designed the Mk18 to run on an H2 suppressed or unsuppressed, and if it wasn't clear enough that's generally what I think would be wise to stick by. Feel better? Or are you aghast still?

Even if you're aghast, I think I'm done here.
    I was definitely being sarcastic, not as dramatic as saying I'm offering members bad info. But I think it's safe to say I'm not offering bad info, which is the point to this response. Maybe info you disagree with and I think we're not as far apart as we once thought.

You have a great day bud, and honestly be safe out there, these are shitty times.

Site Supporter
    Wow.
    Looks like my questions prompted some, er, “vigorous discussion.”

Thanks to all for lots of information.

@ASH556 - mostly 10.3 because “shorter”.
    I don’t own a suppressor (yet), but it seems like if I put a SF can on there, I’m right back up to 16” (like my Geissle SD rifle unsupressed).
    But I’m not married to the idea of 10.3. Hence my questions.
    I’ve also imagined eventually putting a LAW folder on it. Sounds like that might prompt a buffer change?
    And if I do lay out the coin for a SF can (because: easily removable with the SF3P already on my Super Duty rifle), it would be nice to be able to use it on the rifle or the pistol. So that may figure into desired pistol barrel length, too.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Wow.
    Looks like my questions prompted some, er, “vigorous discussion.”

Thanks to all for lots of information.

@ASH556 - mostly 10.3 because “shorter”.
    I don’t own a suppressor (yet), but it seems like if I put a SF can on there, I’m right back up to 16” (like my Geissle SD rifle unsupressed).
    But I’m not married to the idea of 10.3. Hence my questions.
    I’ve also imagined eventually putting a LAW folder on it. Sounds like that might prompt a buffer change?
    And if I do lay out the coin for a SF can (because: easily removable with the SF3P already on my Super Duty rifle), it would be nice to be able to use it on the rifle or the pistol. So that may figure into desired pistol barrel length, too.
    I think Surefire doesn't recommend it, but I know @karmapolice is running Surefire SOCOM Mini's on his 11.5's. It's a great setup. A full size on a 10.3 puts you right back out to 14.5" without suppressor.

If you want to use the can on longer 14.5 or 16" guns, the mini is probably best. Otherwise you end up with a 21" Musket. 10.3" + full size can is sweet and is all I use anymore.

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I think Surefire doesn't recommend it, but I know @karmapolice is running Surefire SOCOM Mini's on his 11.5's. It's a great setup. snip
    @ASH556 @karmapolice

How is the SF mini on the 11.5? I'm thinking it's not as effective as the full size, but is the performance decrease small enough to make it a viable option?

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    @ASH556 @karmapolice

How is the SF mini on the 11.5? I'm thinking it's not as effective as the full size, but is the performance decrease small enough to make it a viable option?
    I think so. Sounds good. Deep tone, so it’s pleasant to the ear.
    Food Court Apprentice

Just throwing it out there, my MK18 that I got from Brownells at the beginning of quarantine shoots very well. I’m positive it’s the crane spec gas port just by the feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    If you're after all those facets then I guess you're spending money on Centurion.
    Literally laughing out loud in my office reading this and co-workers are looking at me strangely through my window.
    Since these and the mk18 DD uppers from brownells are close to the same price and LMT uppers are around a grand is there a cheaper option with the same features I should be looking for. A quick search for colt bbls found they were around the 3hundo range too if any were in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Since these and the mk18 DD uppers from brownells are close to the same price and LMT uppers are around a grand is there a cheaper option with the same features I should be looking for. A quick search for colt bbls found they were around the 3hundo range too if any were in stock.
    Are you equipped to assemble?
    Food Court Apprentice

Site Supporter
    Are you equipped to assemble?
    Negative, but I have a local shop with a good reputation that I wouldn’t mind giving some business too for assembly.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to comment. I've never really dove into tapered bores beyond HK and am mostly unlearned on the current options.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List