Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: The big 10.5"-12.5" general purpose pistol/SBR thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Has Triarc been brought up yet? I know a guy in the 1911 industry who has recommended them but he has a relationship with them as his company is providing components for Triarc 1911s and they are helping with a possible AR release for his company.

I pass their retail location going to and from my range but I've never stopped in.
    They build good guns, a bit pricey in my opinion. They started as a barrel company. Their barresl use a proprietary rifling system which gives great accuracy but has a relatively short barrel life.

They have a proprietary but licensed version of the Hodge wedge lock rail which has QD sling mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by rca90gsx View Post
    How do you like the BK upper? I am debating on on of their DRP 300BO barrels.
    Thanks!
    I like it so far. Indications are it's probably overgassed but that's not unexpected.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    Hey man, question for you. I finally got to shoot mine. Other than the oppressive ring, are you noticing it breaks up and to the right when shooting? Mine is doing it. Not to the point where I can't correct it for follow up shots but reviewing the video I can see it clearly. Also my friends who have shot it had the same feedback. I feel like it is perfectly gassed and will change the muzzle device out for a surefire CTN. The SR16 definitely kicks more stuff out of the front of the muzzle.

Attachment 54432
    Attachment 54433
    I'll have to get back to you on that. I haven't really noted anything abnormal shooting it. What weight buffer & spring are you running? I have the Super42 w/ H2.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    I'll have to get back to you on that. I haven't really noted anything abnormal shooting it. What weight buffer & spring are you running? I have the Super42 w/ H2.
    I also have a Super 42/H2 combo. It shoots really smooth. Just have that up and to the right push. I looked at the cut of the muzzle device and that's the culprit for sure. I'm going to swap a CTN on it as soon as possible. I really like how its gassed and I think when I get the P4Xi on it, it'll outshoot my SR16 with its barrel profile.

This is why, look at that agro cut at the 4:30 as the device is facing us.

Name:  11.5 muzzle device cut.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  19.0 KBName:  11.5 muzzle device cut.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  19.0 KB

[i]stupid question]Is that device designed to have everything off center?[/stupid question]
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter

Geissele Duty/Super Duty Pistols

Has anyone here put some rounds through Geissele’s new Duty Pistols or Super Duty Pistols?
    I’ve been eying the Duty Pistol (currently out of stock), but wondering how (un)pleasant the muzzle blast would be with the 10.3” barrel.
    And if ponying up the big bucks for the Super Duty Pistol, might the 11.5” barrel be a better choice?

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Has anyone here put some rounds through Geissele’s new Duty Pistols or Super Duty Pistols?
    I’ve been eying the Duty Pistol (currently out of stock), but wondering how (un)pleasant the muzzle blast would be with the 10.3” barrel.
    And if ponying up the big bucks for the Super Duty Pistol, might the 11.5” barrel be a better choice?
    11.5 all the way. Unless you're getting a 10.3-10.5 with an adjustable gas block, then 11.5. They're so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    [i]stupid question]Is that device designed to have everything off center?[/stupid question]
    I guess lol. I'm not sure what they were thinking.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    11.5 all the way. Unless you're getting a 10.3-10.5 with an adjustable gas block, then 11.5. They're so much better.
    Why an adjustable gas block on 10.3”? To facilitate operation with a suppressor?

I’d tend to assume that Geissele would know what they’re doing with gassing and buffer selection for a complete gun, so wondering why adjustable..

But I’m really new to ARs, so I don’t know what I don’t know...

User Tag List