Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The big 10.5"-12.5" general purpose pistol/SBR thread

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    9 Hole Reviews builds a clone-ey Delta Commando rifle from the early 90s. He lays it on heavy and somber in the beginning:

Thanks, I've never seen any of their stuff before. I wound up spending an hour or so watching and now there's another channel I'm following.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I'm pretty hot for KAC but I am tempted to try out Centurion, I also want a mini mk 12...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Thanks, I've never seen any of their stuff before. I wound up spending an hour or so watching and now there's another channel I'm following.
    Check out their company Slate Black Industries. They are based out of Houston, so their Texans, or at least go here as quick as they could!

https://www.slateblackindustries.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I'm pretty hot for KAC but I am tempted to try out Centurion, I also want a mini mk 12...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Centurion only has the Recce barrels in midlength gas systems, so you'd have to go elsewhere for a barrel if you want to go shorter than 14.5".

An AEM-5 will fit an 11.5" barrel using a low-pro gas block (12.5" needed for a FSB, or you can use an AEM-4 on an 11.5" FSB). ADCO is familiar and can do the work....Ron Allen will also make a custom collar for your barrel if it's not cut to the SPR or M4 spec (the two standard collars he makes).
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Centurion only has the Recce barrels in midlength gas systems, so you'd have to go elsewhere for a barrel if you want to go shorter than 14.5".

An AEM-5 will fit an 11.5" barrel using a low-pro gas block (12.5" needed for a FSB, or you can use an AEM-4 on an 11.5" FSB). ADCO is familiar and can do the work....Ron Allen will also make a custom collar for your barrel if it's not cut to the SPR or M4 spec (the two standard collars he makes).
    Centurion now has an option for a CM4 upper and has options for shorter barrels.

https://www.centurionarms.com/product-p/cm4upper.htm

I've heard nothing but good things about CA so tempted to give them a shot. They might be be KAC cool

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Centurion now has an option for a CM4 upper and has options for shorter barrels.

https://www.centurionarms.com/product-p/cm4upper.htm

I've heard nothing but good things about CA so tempted to give them a shot. They might be be KAC cool
    Yeah but you said you wanted a mini-Mk12.

Those are just regular Gov't profile CMV barrels. Not heavier SS match barrels.

Doesn’t necessarily have to be heavy SS. 12.5 Criterion CORE profile recent build for me by Citizen Arms. Barrels even chrome lined. Going to play with a 3x magnifier first then try LVPO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Alright, I guess "Mini Mk12" means something different to me, given the characteristics/purpose and goals of a Mk12. What you guys are talking about is just a random garden-variety frankenstein SBR/pistol AR. I would never look at that gun and think, "Oh cool, that's like a mini Mk12".

And holy fucking length of pull, batman.
    Last edited by TGS; 05-17-2020 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoGT3 View Post
    Doesn’t necessarily have to be heavy SS. 12.5 Criterion CORE profile recent build for me by Citizen Arms. Barrels even chrome lined. Going to play with a 3x magnifier first then try LVPO.

That is a sweet upper. If I ever was going to have a custom built, it would be CA.

The big 10.5"-12.5" general purpose pistol/SBR thread

Alright, I guess "Mini Mk12" means something different to me, given the characteristics/purpose and goals of a Mk12. What you guys are talking about is just a random garden-variety frankenstein SBR/pistol AR. I would never look at that gun and think, "Oh cool, that's like a mini Mk12".

And holy fucking length of pull, batman.
    Yep, 6’4” with long arms and don’t do the nose to CH thing.

I have a second lower that is in the process of getting SBR’d. Upper will mostly live on that lower with a real stock. Pistol lower/folder is really for hurricanes evacuation, don’t want to deal with NFA across state lines, throw in a nondescript backpack option.

I have a second upper being built with a pinned 13.9 barrel, otherwise same setup. Will get my Razor 1-6 for now. Have ordered a Vortex 1-10 but they are back ordered probably through the end of the year. When here, 1-10 goes on 13.9 upper and 1-6 onto 12.5. If 1-10 lives up to the hype, 12.5 will eventually get a 1-10. At that point should be able to pull off SBR or mini Mk12.

Last edited by CoGT3; 05-17-2020 at 12:18 PM.

User Tag List