Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The big 10.5"-12.5" general purpose pistol/SBR thread

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    That is a sweet upper. If I ever was going to have a custom built, it would be CA.
    If you have the thought, act upon it. Price was far more reasonable than I ever would have expected. Wait can be long but I won’t be buying off the shelf uppers again. Steve builds exactly what you want as long as it will meet his reliability and accuracy standards. True pleasure to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Yeah but you said you wanted a mini-Mk12.

Those are just regular Gov't profile CMV barrels. Not heavier SS match barrels.
    Gotcha! Yeah, I need a short upper and a mini Mk12. Sigh, so many toys to get...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal320 View Post
    Check out their company Slate Black Industries. They are based out of Houston, so their Texans, or at least go here as quick as they could!

https://www.slateblackindustries.com/
    Texas is both a place and a state of mind bordering on religion. Historically, Converts are the most fervent believers.

Quote Originally Posted by CoGT3 View Post
    Yep, 6’4” with long arms and don’t do the nose to CH thing.

I have a second lower that is in the process of getting SBR’d. Upper will mostly live on that lower with a real stock. Pistol lower/folder is really for hurricanes evacuation, don’t want to deal with NFA across state lines, throw in a nondescript backpack option.

I have a second upper being built with a pinned 13.9 barrel, otherwise same setup. Will get my Razor 1-6 for now. Have ordered a Vortex 1-10 but they are back ordered probably through the end of the year. When here, 1-10 goes on 13.9 upper and 1-6 onto 12.5. If 1-10 lives up to the hype, 12.5 will eventually get a 1-10. At that point should be able to pull off SBR or mini Mk12.

I don’t remember where I’ve seen your stuff but we have similar ideas, except I’m swapping the Razors. My custom built hodge/FCD 12.5 upper will hopefully be here Monday and will get the new 1-10. My 14.5 SR15 Mod2 upper will keep the 1-6. Seems backwards but the 12.5 will likely be primary unless I go somewhere that I can’t take an SBR or pistol, so it makes sense to have the most capable optic on it even with a slightly shorter barrel. I’m getting real anxious about getting the new upper in to try the Hodge barrel. I just shot this target a few hours ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a couple of uppers built by Steve/Citizen Arms and they all shoot Sub-MOA and are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal320 View Post
    Check out their company Slate Black Industries. They are based out of Houston, so their Texans, or at least go here as quick as they could!

https://www.slateblackindustries.com/
    I thought that might be them. I have a feeling I'm going to end up with one of their grip and stop bundles eventually. Especially if I see the black back in stock.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I thought that might be them. I have a feeling I'm going to end up with one of their grip and stop bundles eventually. Especially if I see the black back in stock.
    They’re the guys from the 9hole reviews channel on YouTube. In a world of gun derp it’s always good to support the guys who put out good content and products.

ETA: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCsrKsXEAqCbZyVrCibkgpwQ

Quote Originally Posted by CoGT3 View Post
    Doesn’t necessarily have to be heavy SS. 12.5 Criterion CORE profile recent build for me by Citizen Arms. Barrels even chrome lined. Going to play with a 3x magnifier first then try LVPO.

Can I infer that you are happy with the Criterion CORE series barrel? I am looking at a 11.5" model for a pistol build.

So far, so good. Clearly it is accurate in the hands of a good shooter like Steve from CA. I’ve only had a chance to shoot some quick groups with a red dot at 50 and groups where respectable for me.

It seems to do what Criterion says it would do. Balance is moved back toward the breech. This upper with the same can, light, front sight etc balances more toward the middle than my 10.5 SBR with the same equipment attached. Feels very handy even with the weight of the can being pushed further out.

Regarding better hear tolerance I didn’t notice groups opening up with time. Zeroed and shot 100 rounds pretty rapidly and best group was second to last. No significant break between firing strings.

Mark 10:8

..."And the two shall become one."

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

User Tag List