Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The big 10.5"-12.5" general purpose pistol/SBR thread

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    That's a Brownells Safe-Port. It has a spring that ejects the device when you charge the gun.
    https://www.brownells.com/shooting-a...481-47150.aspx

I especially like it for backcountry use because my buddies can easily see that the gun is safe.
    We’ve used the Safeports for years in the patrol rifles after I saw them at an armorer school. Back when the rifles were assigned to the car and not the officer, I had found one in a rack with a chambered round. The Safeport is a good solution to that problem

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    We’ve used the Safeports for years in the patrol rifles after I saw them at an armorer school. Back when the rifles were assigned to the car and not the officer, I had found one in a rack with a chambered round. The Safeport is a good solution to that problem
    I’ve got plenty of stories like that, and have come to hate it when self-supervised safety procedures are described as “big boy rules”. One big boy shot the dashboard and engine of his own vehicle from the hatch area with a .308. This happened right next to me. Having a visible way to show safe is a good idea when there are lots of people doing their own thing.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Hammertime
    Home defense SBR: BCM 11.5” lightweight fluted, SiCo Omega, Larue MBT trigger, Trijicon MRO.

Amen to that.

Name:  504164E3-8F12-4C6D-8255-03535FBE8EED.jpg
Views: 1466
Size:  33.6 KB

I’ve got plenty of stories like that, and have come to hate it when self-supervised safety procedures are described as “big boy rules”. One big boy shot the dashboard and engine of his own vehicle from the hatch area with a .308. This happened right next to me. Having a visible way to show safe is a good idea when there are lots of people doing their own thing.
    Cluster as a long time 3G shooter I've used chamber flags for yrs. so I'm curious about your thoughts on the Safe-Ports vs. chamber flags?

The big 10.5"-12.5" general purpose pistol/SBR thread

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Cluster as a long time 3G shooter I've used chamber flags for yrs. so I'm curious about your thoughts on the Safe-Ports vs. chamber flags?
    I prefer a chamber flag that goes into the chamber. I’m not a fan of random things that just keep the bolt open. And for bolt guns, just having the bolt lifted is not a good safety procedure.

The Safe-Port is more of a ‘cruiser ready’ device. I don’t see any advantage over a regular chamber flag for gun games. For keeping a gun ready to go, it’s vastly superior.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I prefer a chamber flag that goes into the chamber. I’m not a fan of random things that just keep the bolt open. And for bolt guns, just having the bolt lifted is not a good safety procedure.

The Safe-Port is more of a ‘cruiser ready’ device. I don’t see any advantage over a regular chamber flag for gun games. For keeping a gun ready to go, it’s vastly superior.
    Total agreement on a flag that inserts into the chamber, have them for all my RFs & SGs, even have a few for pistols

Not a bolt gun guy but also agreed w/ your line of thinking there & the crusier ready analogy frames it well.

The coloring on the BCG doesn’t look as odd in person and this is only about half way done. Most of the big stuff is there aside from a SureFire though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a Brownells Safe-Port. It has a spring that ejects the device when you charge the gun.
    https://www.brownells.com/shooting-a...481-47150.aspx

I especially like it for backcountry use because my buddies can easily see that the gun is safe.
    I was today years old when I found out this product exists.

Site Supporter
    My newest pistol. A PSA 11.5 upper and lower. I found the ACOG when I was cleaning up my garage. I actually forgot I had it. I think I bought the ACOG in 2002. The tritium is dead but glass looks good in the daylight. I just need to mount a white light. Name:  3CE64771-8331-40C3-8223-6E18A42E9C4D.jpg
Views: 1392
Size:  42.8 KB

Name:  20200412_190939.jpg
Views: 1792
Size:  67.8 KB
    Switched a few things around, LPVO and ke arms trigger now live with this rifle. The red dot that was on this rifle will be going on a rifle for my wife.

User Tag List