Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: The big 10.5"-12.5" general purpose pistol/SBR thread

Gym time?

I built a 14.5 pinned upper with a DD LW barrel and an ALG rail for my former spouse. It had a Burris LPVO in a JP mount, and a Magpul MOE stock but felt super light.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Barrel profile makes a huge difference IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I think that'd really be your winner.
    That's kind of where I'm at right now. I like 12.5 and want one, but there isn't an 11.5" rail that I like right now so I'm close to having two KAC 11.5s - one RDS and one LPVO.

I'm pleased with my Geissele 10.3" URG-I. Very reliable running suppressed with the AAC M4-2000.
    Name:  IMG_5595.jpg
Views: 1911
Size:  102.1 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I really wanted a 12.5” for my general purpose gun so that I can still fit it in a bag with a folder, but still get enough muzzle velocity to take advantage of an LPVO.

The upper started as a complete BCM upper with a 10” MLOK rail, but I really wanted the rail to be a little longer, and didn’t like how close my MLOK accessories were to touching the gas block. I was going to just swap to the 10” BCM quad rail which would fix the clearance issue, but not the length. Fortunately, they were impossible to find and I ended up getting the 12.6” quad rail cut down to have just enough clearance for my can. I had the rail and upper cerakoted to refinish the exposed metal from the cut.

I’m really happy with how it came out, now I just need to go shoot it and wait for my ACRO P-2 I’ll be using as an offset dot.

Site Supporter
    Finally got around to Form 1-ing my LMT lower. I no longer have to fool with swapping my upper to a dedicated pistol lower when I want to use the 10.5” barrel in my MRP. I should’ve done this years ago.

I still need a can, and a proper carbine light.

Name:  418390BD-7544-4851-A2D6-83568FE32F44.jpg
Views: 1361
Size:  40.2 KB

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    Finally got around to Form 1-ing my LMT lower. I no longer have to fool with swapping my upper to a dedicated pistol lower when I want to use the 10.5” barrel in my MRP. I should’ve done this years ago.

I still need a can, and a proper carbine light.

Name:  418390BD-7544-4851-A2D6-83568FE32F44.jpg
Views: 1361
Size:  40.2 KB
    I need cans for my SBRs too... but if you want a good WML that is a solid value for the price, I am happy with my Arisaka 300 and 600 series. They offer different Malkoff heads for different beam qualities. The Modlite is what I'd step up to if I was willingto spend another $100

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I need cans for my SBRs too... but if you want a good WML that is a solid value for the price, I am happy with my Arisaka 300 and 600 series. They offer different Malkoff heads for different beam qualities. The Modlite is what I'd step up to if I was willing to spend another $100
    I'll probably get around to buying a Modlite or Arisaka eventually, as I understand the output of the current Surefire offerings is pretty underwhelming in comparison. It just gets to be a pretty spendy proposition by the time you've added a tailcap, mount, remote switch, etc.

Site Supporter
    I've been pretty happy with the X300U mounted at 12 in a Unity EXO mount in front of a fixed front to protect the battery out to 50 yards. Much past that and I think you'd want something else, but that covers my red dot carbine uses.

Dat Nu Nu

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Site Supporter
    In the process of rebuilding my current 10.5 LMT with a 12.5 Middy Noveske barrel and replacing the current DD 7.0 Omega Rail with a 10in BCM MCMR and I'd like to upgrade the weapon light to finish it off.

Current weaponlight is a Surefire G2 Led with a momentary tailcap in a Vltor mount attached to a MI FSB mount.

I haven't looked at long gun weapon lights in a while and would be interested in some suitable suggestions.

User Tag List