Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The big 10.5"-12.5" general purpose pistol/SBR thread

Getting closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

Getting closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Forgot you can't edit on this forum after a while.

I have an EXPS on another rifle that I'll probably trade optics with. I want to put a Razor on that one anyway so the Crossfire makes a better place holder there. Aside from that, I need FCD's new ABC/R whenever it comes out and over Memorial Day I'll buy an SD-C and ACH/GOV charging handle and that should be it. Though I have wanted to get a complete rifle cerakoted for years, and for whatever reason I'd want it to be this one so maybe I'll do that at some point.

Forgot to mention, the IonBond BCG did clash too much with all of the other shades of tan so I pulled it out. Instead I have a nitrided carrier than came in my KAC mod 2 as a spare since I replaced it with a sandcutter and ordered an LMT e-bolt and firing pin and the FCD/SOTAR nitrided cam pin. And I have an M300 coming in tomorrow with an Arisaka pic mount and the SR07 and tail cap should be here Friday.

Is anyone running a 12.5” Grendel? The siren song of the 6.5 is trying to drown out the howls of the .300 BLK.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Is anyone running a 12.5” Grendel? The siren song of the 6.5 is trying to drown out the howls of the .300 BLK.
    Just ordered a 12” Grendel upper from combat armory yesterday.
    http://www.combatarmory.com/ar-15-6-...mbly-required/
    Figured I’ll give it a go on my SBR lower.

9 Hole Reviews builds a clone-ey Delta Commando rifle from the early 90s. He lays it on heavy and somber in the beginning:

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Cross posting from the long guns gallery... El Cheapo normally lives on a PSA pistol lower I keep around for purposes of legal flexibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Speaking of short guns....

El Cheapo on one of my SBR lowers. Newly featuring my ghetto WML solution: $25 VTAC ring mount for a Streamlight Protac 2L-X that I bought years ago and had been collecting dust. Shimmed with electrical tape per recommendations from @HCM and others. We'll see if it holds up under live fire but I would be amused if it did. I think together the entire upper cost ~$560, inclusive of everything except for the light itself (only because I can't remember how much it cost..)

The original Aero upper is pending shipment to a gunsmith to have the GB pinned, so it's living on my pistol lower for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Cross posting from the long guns gallery... El Cheapo normally lives on a PSA pistol lower I keep around for purposes of legal flexibility.
    Is that the plastic vtac mount? If so is the mount shimmed with tape or the light?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    Is that the plastic vtac mount? If so is the mount shimmed with tape or the light?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Yes, and the light is shimmed, not the mount. Inner light diameter per Streamlight is ~0.91; VTAC mount is for 1" lights. We'll see how it works.

Back in the day, I’d use a VTAC amount with a Surefire handheld light. A couple turns of black electricians tape on the body of the light and you were good to go with 80 lumens of blinding light!

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I own neither, but I would own a Grendel long before a 300BLK. 300BLK does one thing well, the 6.5G does many more things.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List