Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: The big 10.5"-12.5" general purpose pistol/SBR thread

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Looks like Centurion only offers stripped barrels in 14.5" and 16" options?

So keeping with the idea of this thread, I can't get a >13" barrel with a pinned FSB from them unless it comes on an upper.
    https://www.centurionarms.com/hammer...hfb-lw-car.htm

They offer 10.3 and 12.5 carbine length. I know others have called and they will do 12.5 mid length as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    Sample size of one but my complete build centurion has the gas block pinned on the bottom.
    When did you get yours and what configuration did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    https://www.centurionarms.com/hammer...hfb-lw-car.htm

They offer 10.3 and 12.5 carbine length. I know others have called and they will do 12.5 mid length as well.
    Ah there you go. I wasn't understanding their navigation. I couldn't find their 12.0 C4 rail for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by spelingmastir View Post
    When did you get yours and what configuration did you get?
    February or August of last year. I posted a little in this thread. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....omplete-rifles

I forgot to update it but it works well for me. I have a few thousand rounds through the gun, no malfunctions to date with pmags.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    Just finished putting this together today; 11.5" pistol with Geissele, Surefire, Trijicon, Magpul & SB Tactical. Can't wait to take it out.

Hey man, question for you. I finally got to shoot mine. Other than the oppressive ring, are you noticing it breaks up and to the right when shooting? Mine is doing it. Not to the point where I can't correct it for follow up shots but reviewing the video I can see it clearly. Also my friends who have shot it had the same feedback. I feel like it is perfectly gassed and will change the muzzle device out for a surefire CTN. The SR16 definitely kicks more stuff out of the front of the muzzle.

Name:  Baby Bendi 2.jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  47.4 KB
    Name:  SR16 and G 11.5.jpg
Views: 1179
Size:  44.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    Attachment 51892
    Switched a few things around, LPVO and ke arms trigger now live with this rifle. The red dot that was on this rifle will be going on a rifle for my wife.
    That P4Xi is the truth, I finally got to test it out at 312 yards. 200 yards was the limitation at my home range. I really like it. Much more capable than you'd think a 1-4 at that price range should be. Nice clear glass too, REAL edge to edge clarity.

This is relevant to the thread because I was zeroing my 11.5". I discovered a neat little hack this morning that made re-zeroing the Magpul MBUS Pro rear sight a bit easier. The MBUS Pro is my favorite rear BUIS for it's small low profile and durability. The knob for adjusting the windage on them can be a PITA to turn though, it's quite small and hard to get your fingers around(phrasing). I had my Aimpoint tool out as well and happened to notice that the little nubbins on the Aimpoint tool look similar in size and spacing to the holes on the opposite side of the adjustment knob on the rear sight. It's a perfect fit and made the adjustments easier, especially while fine tuning the zero and only wanting to move one or two clicks at a time. I'm probably not the first one to figure this out, but I googled it and didn't find anything.

Attachment 54434

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    That P4Xi is the truth, I finally got to test it out at 312 yards. 200 yards was the limitation at my home range. I really like it. Much more capable than you'd think a 1-4 at that price range should be. Nice clear glass too, REAL edge to edge clarity.
    I've been very impressed with it so far. i have a primary to secondary transition class this weekend as well as a Jared reston two day gunfighter class next month. We will see how it treats me, I dont expect any issue.

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    I've been very impressed with it so far. i have a primary to secondary transition class this weekend as well as a Jared reston two day gunfighter class next month. We will see how it treats me, I dont expect any issue.
    I'm looking into taking some of his classes in the future.

How do you like the BK upper? I am debating on on of their DRP 300BO barrels.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Finally made it to the range yesterday and got to try out the 2 pistols I've been working on.

12.5" BK Firearms 5.56, Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6, ADM QD mount, BCM lower w/SBA3
    Attachment 54350

Between zeroing and function testing, I only put 20 through it but I like the feel so far. I'm going to swap out the hand stop for something else and the ejection was between 2 and 3 o'clock. I've got a 9mm buffer that was going to be used in the lower I was originally going to use for the 9mm build so I might try that. Ammo was Hornady Frontier 62gr if that makes a difference.

Same lower, 10.5" QC10 9mm barrel, unknown handguard from arfcom, Stern Defense bolt, Mean Arms Endomag magazine conversion
    Attachment 54351

Not sure what optic I'm going to run on the 9mm yet. Probably a cheap inexpensive dot.

I was very surprised at how well the mag conversions worked and my backup plan of a Hahn block and Colt mags isn't as probable as I thought it was going to be. I left them in their standard 10 round version so I only put 20-25 of 115gr and 150gr through both mags since this was just a function check before deciding where I want to go with the rest of the build but. I'd like to see a version that uses 20 round PMags...

User Tag List