Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The big 10.5"-12.5" general purpose pistol/SBR thread

11 years ago. Note that high tech forward sling connection.

Name:  C16E244A-502B-441C-A44E-8F4E35E1E91E.jpg
Views: 3431
Size:  46.1 KB

Assembled the lower last night and mocked up the complete upper, I'll be going with a 9mm specific upper when it gets here:
    Name:  IMG_2881.jpg
Views: 1735
Size:  23.2 KB

QC10 10.5" 9mm barrel
    Unknown HG from arfcom EE
    Stern Defense bolt
    Aero lower with CMMG guts and either a PSA or ALG FCG
    SBA3(?) brace and PWS H3 buffer
    Magpul grip (maybe a MOE SL?)

Stripped 9mm upper and a 9mm birdcage are ordered, just waiting on them to arrive.

I started fitting the one of the Endomag conversions last night but I don't have a warm, fuzzy about it yet but that's for another thread.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

11.5 "firearm." Sionics reduced gas port barrel on Sionics A5 lower. Specwar 762 not pictured

Name:  IMG_20200408_154241630_2.jpg
Views: 1608
Size:  81.5 KB
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Yeah, purely ringing steel. Most Run n Gun matches have a longish stage and get out to 400-600 yards depending on the venue. If I build up a 12.5" gun I'd like for it to be useful in those matches. I'll keep a 16" rifle for DMR matches
    I’d take a look at specific barrels for that - Hodge or Triarc probably. The latter has several reports of pushing rounds faster than standard uppers of comparable barrel length and while I don’t know if I’ve seen that from Hodge, I wouldn’t be surprised based on all of the magic voodoo that supposedly goes into those.

I just got a MK18 upper mostly because of the PDW thread. A Triarc 12.5 mid may be my next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel Defense Mk18
    DDM4 9" rail
    Aimpoint H2 on Scalarworks Mount. I have a Vortex 3x Mag that fits nicely behind the RDS.
    Troy BUIS
    Streamlight RM1 tucked up snugly in the 1 O'Clock position using an American Defense Manufacturing offset scout mount
    Geissele SSA
    BCM grip and AFG
    SBA3 with LAW Gen 3 folder

between the lighter rail, Streamlight and LAW, it balances out nicely....right at the mag well.

Name:  DDMk18.jpg
Views: 1613
Size:  93.6 KB
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Daniel Defense Mk18
    DDM4 9" rail
    Aimpoint H2 on Scalarworks Mount. I have a Vortex 3x Mag that fits nicely behind the RDS.
    Troy BUIS
    Streamlight RM1 tucked up snugly in the 1 O'Clock position using an American Defense Manufacturing offset scout mount
    Geissele SSA
    BCM grip and AFG
    SBA3 with LAW Gen 3 folder

between the lighter rail, Streamlight and LAW, it balances out nicely....right at the mag well.

Name:  DDMk18.jpg
Views: 1613
Size:  93.6 KB
    Do you know the oal of that with the stock folded?

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Do you know the oal of that with the stock folded?
    Yes sir, just measured to double check.

20" on the dot with the DD birdcage. Barely squeezes into a VertX Gamut (20" backpack) as detailed in the PDW thread.

Add or subtract appropriately for your muzzle device of choice. This one will be getting a YHM QD flash hider when the Form 4 paperwork comes back.

ETA: The extremely tight fit of the light allows it to slide into the laptop compartment of the VertX a-ok, no problem. It's so tight that it can't be mounted further forward because of interference with the front sight.

When the YHM Turbo K is released to me, I might put a Haley Strategic Thorntail scout mount on there to get it up further. IDK. It works really well right now.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Home defense SBR: BCM 11.5” lightweight fluted, SiCo Omega, Larue MBT trigger, Trijicon MRO.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Home defense SBR: BCM 11.5” lightweight fluted, SiCo Omega, Larue MBT trigger, Trijicon MRO.

Would you mind talking a little bit about your storage setup there? Is that bolt locked to the rear with chamber flag in? So upon deployment you rip out the chamber flag and either pull the charging handle or slap the bolt release?
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Would you mind talking a little bit about your storage setup there? Is that bolt locked to the rear with chamber flag in? So upon deployment you rip out the chamber flag and either pull the charging handle or slap the bolt release?
    That's a Brownells Safe-Port. It has a spring that ejects the device when you charge the gun.
    https://www.brownells.com/shooting-a...481-47150.aspx

I especially like it for backcountry use because my buddies can easily see that the gun is safe.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List