Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ankle Holster Recommendation

Thank you all. Found a super cheap deal on DeSantis Die Hard that I’m going to give a shot.

I haven’t seen the new Wilderness production Renegades but I still have two of the older ones in good shape. They were the best I’ve tried.

Renegade

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I haven’t seen the new Wilderness production Renegades but I still have two of the older ones in good shape. They were the best I’ve tried.
    Agreed! I think I may have even worn out one or maybe two of those old, all elastic band Renegades wearing them over laced 3/4 height boots. Great with boots. When I could not find a replacement, I bought a DeSantis Apache, which was good then found a LEFTY Renegade and bought it, along with a lefty DeSantis S1 that I wore over regular shoes/socks. The only Die Hard I tried didn't work for me, but I suspect it was because I was trying to carry too much gun-a S&W Shield. Airweight revolvers work better for me (642) in an ankle holster, the shape fits the area and a light gun seems to be less likely to move or dislodge from movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhp147 View Post
    Agreed! I think I may have even worn out one or maybe two of those old, all elastic band Renegades wearing them over laced 3/4 height boots. Great with boots. When I could not find a replacement, I bought a DeSantis Apache, which was good then found a LEFTY Renegade and bought it, along with a lefty DeSantis S1 that I wore over regular shoes/socks. The only Die Hard I tried didn't work for me, but I suspect it was because I was trying to carry too much gun-a S&W Shield. Airweight revolvers work better for me (642) in an ankle holster, the shape fits the area and a light gun seems to be less likely to move or dislodge from movement.
    I think I finally disposed of an old Renegade (very recently) I couldn't bear to part with despite being worn out to hell.
    Last edited by blues; 01-12-2020 at 01:12 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Picked up a new Renegade, from Wilderness (making their own version), for my Kahr PM9. Very comfortable, secure, and easy accessibility.
    So far I like it a lot.

https://www.thewilderness.com/ankle-...s-xhd-elastic/
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

You might also want to take a look at the Bianchi #12. I’ve got a couple of these for a j frame and a Walther PPK that are 40 plus years old and still going strong. To my mind they are comfortable and less bulky than the Alessi. Mine didn’t come with the support strap that the newer ones have. They show up on ebay pretty regularly. Another one I really like is the Eagle upside down nylon leg holster which is the most concealable leg/ankle holster I’ve found. Got mine from the factory in St Louis in ‘86. Long out of production AFAIK.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

I’ve got a few ankle holsters. Could never get comfortable with any of them. The weight on the ankle feels so weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    Alas, I believe Alessi Holsters is no more; Ritchie is still at it. These are the classic go-tos for ankle holsters...
    I seriously hope this isn’t true. The CQC-S is my favorite OWB CCW Holster.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Another one I really like is the Eagle upside down nylon leg holster which is the most concealable leg/ankle holster I’ve found. Got mine from the factory in St Louis in ‘86. Long out of production AFAIK.
    Could we get a picture of this? Google wasn't helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I’ve got a few ankle holsters. Could never get comfortable with any of them. The weight on the ankle feels so weird.
    Yeah I dunno about walking around with one but ankle carry is the fastest draw going, if you're sitting in a car with the seatbelt on.

It's so simple you pack the snub nose aiwb, buckle in the drivers seat, relocate the snub into the ankle holster, put it on your ankle. That weird feeling on the ankle helps to remind you to take it off before leaving the car too
    Last edited by pooty; 01-13-2020 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    Yeah I dunno about walking around with one but ankle carry is the fastest draw going, if you're sitting in a car with the seatbelt on.

It's so simple you pack the snub nose aiwb, buckle in the drivers seat, relocate the snub into the ankle holster, put it on your ankle. That weird feeling on the ankle helps to remind you to take it off before leaving the car too
    Shoulder holster would be the fastest for driving, IMO. Also, depends on the car. My daily driver is a Corvette, so ankle is a bit less accessible than it might be in an SUV.

User Tag List