Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ankle Holster Recommendation

Ankle Holster Recommendation

I work in a field that doesn’t allow carrying of any kind. Until recently, we couldn’t even have weapons in cars in the parking lot. That has changed, so I’m looking for an easy on and off option for a J-frame to go into a locked container in the car.

While I don’t like the idea of leaving a gun in the car. I dislike being unarmed five days a week more. I’ve tried pocket carry, but I dislike it for two reasons. One, trying to draw from the pocket in the car. Two, my work slacks all have shallow pockets and the little J-frame has taken to dumps out of my pocket when sitting in the vehicle...

I’ve heard folks recommend the Galco and the Wilderness ankle holsters. Are these the best on the market? One better than the other?

Of course I’ve never really tried to draw from an ankle rig in or out of a vehicle. Is there a better option than what I am thinking of? Thanks in advance.

I have a few Galco Ankle Lites... very happy with them all. I also picked up an Ankle Glove (also Galco), which I had JEA Custom pull off the original J-frame shell, and set it up to carry my 642-1 with LaserMax weapon light.

If you do use the Galco... get the calf strap.

Galco is good. The old Renegade. Alessi if you want a higher end holster.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    I’m happy with my Desantis Die Hard with a sig 365, when it’s ankle carry or be without a firearm.

I really like the Desantis Die Hard, as well. I got my first one after my Renegade wore out, and carried my j-frame BUG in it for years. I now use one for a G43.

Site Supporter
    De Santis Apache has worked well for me in a J frame.

Site Supporter
    I have alessi’s and Ritchie (identical to the alessi)

Alas, I believe Alessi Holsters is no more; Ritchie is still at it. These are the classic go-tos for ankle holsters...
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Site Supporter
    My Galco Ankle Lite is the most comfortable ankle holster I have ever worn. If the Ankle a love is made for a given make/model gun, that would be my choice, since it has the same ankle band but a better holster. I do not use the leg garter, and have found then uncomfortable and unhelpful on other brands of holsters.

The Renegade, a newer version of which is now sold by The Wilderness, is worth a look.

C. Rusty Sherrick’s ankle holster is also worth a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Renegade from The Wilderness Tactical.

https://www.thewilderness.com/ankle-...lster-leather/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List