Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chronograph

Site Supporter
    I've got a basic caldwell unit with the IR lighted shades. Decent overall, but I'm also only running pistol ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I have a very old Gen 1 Shooting Chrony. It is a pain to set up for rifle - now that I am playing in the long range rifle arena I need a chronograph easier to set up as I am constantly checking loads for ballistics. I want a Labradar but just cannot justify the cost. Watching for a used one!
    You can do Brownell's 10% off, and I think there was a sale someplace that was very slightly better--maybe $10 or $15.

Do yourself a favor, and just keep track of how much time you spend setting up the Shooting Chrony. Then just start socking the money.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nwhpfan View Post
    This is what I have. It's inexpensive, simple and basic. I've had it for close to 8 years. Everything I load goas across the chrono. I'll go to load, set up my machine, load 20 and then hit the range to verify it is what I want it to be accuracy and velocity wise. If everything checks out I'll bulk load all the components I have.

https://www.amazon.com/Competition-E...8760192&sr=8-9
    This is what I use as well. Handgun only at this point. Does what I need it to on the outdoor range bay. Really need to check my Garand ‘06 loads...

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I’m on my fifth or six one now and they all have some issues. Apparently they all like to get in the way of the bullet's path.
    Not any more.

https://mylabradar.com/

This is my 3rd chronograph, over 28 years. This thing far exceeds any I've owned previous. Not only don’t you shoot at it, but it sets up in 30 seconds, and you don’t even need to go down range. But, it’s a little spendy. Oh, and it sends data to you phone.

Thing is, I still have my first two as well.

User Tag List