Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomer Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You're welcome. Didn't take a nanosecond to know which song it was...now if I could only remember what I did ten minutes ago...
    My first thought was Sugarloaf, but it didn’t quite seem right.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Ok people, so what was your first car?
    ‘65 Skylark.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Yea with a super long cord. When we got a push button I thought that was really something
    I remember my mom teaching me to dial 911 on the rotary and the touch tone phone when I was a kid. Kind of makes me want to go buy a rotary phone just for nostalgia...

Site Supporter
    Ok people, so what was your first car?
    '72 Chevelle. 72s were POS. First year for emission control. Hated that glorious chariot of freedom.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

When we raised our two girls, my wife and I recalled how we were raised in the 60s and 70s. I have fond memories of wandering around my neighborhood, playing Army with my friends, or inventing modified football or baseball rules. When I raised my girls, we tried to keep some of the same philosophy, and let them wander (responsibly, of course) through the stream beds around our house, and play in the dirt around our house. My daughters were good friends with our neighbors, and we treated those kids like our own. Since their parents weren't around much, they spent a lot of time with us and my daughters.

Earlier this year, the neighbor girl (who is now 34) posted a thank you to me and my wife on our FB page, thanking us for partially raising her along our slightly free-spirited lines. She referenced this article, which I thought was great:

What Would My 1970s Mom Do?

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    @blues - solid boomer move to share pictures of your kids.

I'm an early model Gen X. I just sit back and watch the world burn.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by William B. View Post
    I remember my mom teaching me to dial 911 on the rotary and the touch tone phone when I was a kid. Kind of makes me want to go buy a rotary phone just for nostalgia...
    I don’t think 911 was introduced here until I was in my late teens.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Not in this house. Not teaching your kid to shift a manual is akin to not teaching them to shoot.

19 y.o. .. 15sp Road Ranger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Yea with a super long cord. When we got a push button I thought that was really something
    Mom with a cig, cooking dinner, talking to grandma (for hours).
    Me having to mind the spiral cord on the way to the basement to wind up the Evil Knevil and jump stuff.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Can't forget about the everpresent haze of cigarette smoke in most locations.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List