Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Shot Show 2020

I’ll follow with moderate interest and one of these years I’d love to go. I have to wonder how relevant it is anymore though, what with manufacturers releasing stuff throughout the year.

Sounds like Federal is releasing a bunch of new stuff, including a value priced defensive pistol line and a .380 load for their "Hydra Shok Deep" line.

I'll be there Sun-Sat and showing my stuff at the VZ Grips Booth (#2243). Looking forward to checking out a LTT 92. I don't get out of the booth much, but always run out to see a few things on my list.

Here’s hoping for more AR variations and GLOCK 19 copies. Some affordable 1911’s from Asia would be cool. Ultimately, a SIG 320 X5 Legion, with a multi-chromatic frame would be sweet. Fingers crossed.

Seriously though, it wouldn’t hurt my feelings if Smith and Wesson announced the option of K, L and N frames without a lock. Nor would I be disappointed if Winchester delivered a Model 70 Featherweight with irons and an 18ish” barrel, in 308.

I’d like to see CZ come out with optic ready P-07/09’s and while we’re on the subject, ditto for HK, maybe an optics ready HK45c, and a P-30..I know I’m dreaming that HK would ever do anything like that, but, I could see CZ doing it, to me, that’s the next logical step with theP-07/09 series..
    Last edited by ralph; 01-11-2020 at 12:38 PM.

So my wants are rather simple and boring this year.

Glock 43x with rail. (Add an MOS variant for a shield RMSc if they want to actually do something interesting)

Glock 46.

Glock 47.

Sig USSOCOM SURG upper.

Colt to support their 901 and CM series guns more.

They funny thing is that none of it is new. I just want them to take my money on the items.

The Sig MCX Spear would be cool as well.

All my other bases are covered at the moment by other items.

A very aggressive Schmidt and Bender LEO/Mil purchase program would be well received by me as well.

From the perspective of going to SHOT for fun, it’s neat to be able to see the “new” things and at least get hands on things I’m considering purchasing. At this point though it’s almost more fun to see people in one place that I don’t get to see all the time. Last year A few of us had the opportunity to have a long talk with Ernest Langdon and Jason Burton about all things Beretta, 1911, and Burger King... truly awesome experience.

From a work perspective, it saves time in that I’m not playing phone or email tag and can get answers to questions all in one trip. It also helps keep me aware of what is out there in the industry. There are a couple “new” things I’ll be looking at, but mostly trying to arrange department T&E for some projects and gauge where things are going. Some things I’ll be focusing on (not necessarily new):

Duty Holsters that can accommodate accessories such as optics and WMLs/pressure switches
    Pistol Optics Including compact pistol optics
    Compact WMLs
    Low power variable rifle optics

I doubt there will be anything super exciting but I’ll leave knowing what my year is gonna look like from a project perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    From the perspective of going to SHOT for fun, it’s neat to be able to see the “new” things and at least get hands on things I’m considering purchasing. At this point though it’s almost more fun to see people in one place that I don’t get to see all the time. Last year A few of us had the opportunity to have a long talk with Ernest Langdon and Jason Burton about all things Beretta, 1911, and Burger King... truly awesome experience.

From a work perspective, it saves time in that I’m not playing phone or email tag and can get answers to questions all in one trip. It also helps keep me aware of what is out there in the industry. There are a couple “new” things I’ll be looking at, but mostly trying to arrange department T&E for some projects and gauge where things are going. Some things I’ll be focusing on (not necessarily new):

Duty Holsters that can accommodate accessories such as optics and WMLs/pressure switches
    Pistol Optics Including compact pistol optics
    Compact WMLs
    Low power variable rifle optics

I doubt there will be anything super exciting but I’ll leave knowing what my year is gonna look like from a project perspective.
    Talking with Burton isn't all that exciting...

Site Supporter
    Colt stainless traditional series, since the stainless series 70 is no more.

STI Staccato stuff

Glock 43X compact

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    The Sig MCX Spear would be cool as well.
    We have very similar wants. But what’s this one?

User Tag List