Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Shot Show 2020

What I would love to see/hear ?? Colt getting back into the civilian AR market.

Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    ..... this other unnamed low-profile option Steve Fisher posted on Facebook really has me re-thinking the brand.

Now folks will want the lowest sights possible instead of tall suppressor sights. Hopefully production model has a little bit taller window and a really dialed in auto brightness algorithm.

Either way this thing will likely be going on my 35 MOS.

Anyone else notice that Yeti hands make the G17 look like a G42?
    Last edited by rob_s; 01-24-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Geissele making their own scope?

FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Geissele selling their own brand scope, no doubt made by a factory making similar scopes for other companies?

]
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Fair enough, but that's probably true of so many things.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I haven't seem any shooting videos but here's a few close ups.

http://instagram.com/p/B7p_veCprvI/
    So, I had to go look because in one of those pics is a label for the DW "Heirloom"

Here it is - https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/heirloom-2020/

And that's cool and all, but I can't help but think that @Jason Burton might want to drop a note (or have his lawyer do it) to Dan Wesson to cease and desist the use "Heirloom" as the name for some of their 1911s. Since Heirloom Precision builds custom 1911s and this is on a frickin' 1911; my first thought and why I went to go see, was that Heirloom Precision had partnered with Dan Wesson to offer some features on a production line. They have not collaborated. Heirloom Precision clearly predates Dan Wesson in the use of the term Heirloom in application to branding of a 1911-pattern pistol.

While, in general, I doubt the same people buy them...actually no...I bet the same kinds of people do buy these. Not many folks buy $2400 1911s in the first place and since that starts getting into low-end custom 1911 territory price wise, I imagine a number of them are at least aware of Heirloom Precision. I'd hate to see Jason's brand damaged by a low(er) cost gun touting custom features that isn't built to his exacting specs.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Anybody pick up more dish about organizations adopting or evaluating Staccatto's?
    Well.....if you talked to our SWAT guys at the show they would have said they're next! They're pushing hard on me about this. I had a talk with Pannone about his no BS opinion on running them as a service gun, and he seems to be convinced about their durability/reliability. My plan was to get them whatever our next service pistol is, and then upgrade as necessary, but be able to give them two guns....one to train with and one for duty. More of a problem for 30-35 guys with a $2000 gun. Easier with a polymer striker gun. But CDI and OAF and all that. Dont get me wrong.....the Staccato is a sweet shooting gun. I'm just not convinced they "need" it.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Well.....if you talked to our SWAT guys
    I think it's weird how SWAT gets all the toys and training, but patrol gets 100 rounds a year and no additional training.

When was the last time a SWAT guy KIA?

Instead of SWAT getting $2k peacock feathers, spend that money running every patrol officer through ECQC.

User Tag List