Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Shot Show 2020

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    On the advice of the former Rangemaster of our sheriffs department....who had drinks last night with the guys from LASD, I checked out the Blackhawk booth today. Saw their new T Series duty holsters....for guns with WMLs and RDS. Also accommodates a DG switch for the light. I can't believe I'm typing these words, but I was impressed. Solid product, very intuitive, and faster than an ALS type holster. The days of the Serpa are gone. They should have them available in about 30 days apparently. Anyone looking for a holster to meet the above criteria should give them a look.

ETA: sorry...didn't mean to reply to Whitlwinds post. My bad.
    ^ First.. sorry we couldn’t meet up. I had to be back home today and the compressed schedule was more intense than I had anticipated. We’re gonna have to make time to do some shooting soon. I have to say I was very impressed with the Blackhawk holster... I still have some questions that a good T&E will answer, but there’s a lot to like there.

I’m happy with the numerous entries into the PMO holster market... and PMOs themselves. Progress is being made, and it will not come without the bumps and hiccups, but that’s how we move forward.

More moving forward...

I can’t speak nationally, but at least West coast, I’ve never felt a more cooperative atmosphere... LAPD, LASD, SFPD, LVMPD, OCSD, and lots of other agencies, Federal, State, and local... are working together to make things better. I feel super fortunate to be a part of it. It will benefit everyone - the cop on the street, the departments for liability, and the public that needs the best cops we can get. We need to keep this up. Equipment is cool, but training is the thing, and SHOT is a great place for trainers and students to meet, network, plan, and reunite. It is also a catalyst for agency reps to communicate and make connections. Now I regret I didn’t have more time. Maybe something to think about for next year... hmmm.

So far, here's what I find interesting:
    -Sig 210 Carry, even though I suspect it will be like too many of my dates- expensive & unreliable

-WWSD rifle

-AR180 sidefolder pistol
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    If this works reliably it would be enough to bring me into RDS fold .
    This interests me, but with no battery wouldn't it useless in a low/no light SD/HD situation?

Site Supporter
    Depends on how they do it. I am getting ready to pull the pin on a fiber optic/tritium RMR for my bowhuting companion, a Glock 20....No batteries, and the only complaint I have heard is reticle washout when shooting from darkness into a well lit backdrop.

pat

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Depends on how they do it. I am getting ready to pull the pin on a fiber optic/tritium RMR for my bowhuting companion, a Glock 20....No batteries, and the only complaint I have heard is reticle washout when shooting from darkness into a well lit backdrop.

pat
    A buddy of mine has one on his 629. I haven't noticed any issues indoors or outdoors or in the woods, but haven't tested the specific scenario you described.

Chris

Anybody pick up more dish about organizations adopting or evaluating Staccatto's?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    -AR180 sidefolder pistol
    Did you see that side folding B5 AR-18 style stock?

Quote Originally Posted by 396 View Post
    This interests me, but with no battery wouldn't it useless in a low/no light SD/HD situation?
    Solar panel charges internal battery or capacitor from what I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    A buddy of mine has one on his 629. I haven't noticed any issues indoors or outdoors or in the woods, but haven't tested the specific scenario you described.

Chris
    We have a couple non-powered RMRs in green. In Texas in bright sunshine, shooting in the shade or with the range lights dim in at the shooting bench and bright downrange, it washes out really easily. It is one of those situations where, if you're in a normally lit room/building or outside without shade, you won't notice it. But where and when we shoot, it happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    The Brownells AR180 lower looks pretty interesting, and an AR180 pistol may be just the thing to keep me from an inevitably disappointing new Sig 210.
    I am also interested in the BRN 180 lower, maybe someday I'll build one. Not sure what you are expecting regarding the SIG P-210 A but mine has not disappointed me. In fact, it has become my first choice 2 gun pistol. Easy to shoot well plus accuracy offsets the limited capacity. That and the pistol portion of the matches, so far, have not really required a whole lot of pistol work.

User Tag List