Thread: 10-8 Performance Lab, Episode 21: 1911 Magazines

10-8 Performance Lab, Episode 21: 1911 Magazines

Site Supporter
    This vid is bookmarked for when I get off work.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Good informative video.
    I'm just kind of wondering, what, if any difference 9mm vs .45 makes as far as pertains to the video.
    Perhaps @HiltonYam will chime in.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Thanks for the thread here. I do my best to stop by, but I'm stretched thin between answer stuff on email, FB, IG, YouTube etc.

The video applies to any 1911 mag regardless of caliber. I think 9mm single stack mags are an even bigger headache as there are many designs - spacers, no spacers with front tube crimp and integral feed ramp, etc etc. It's easy to get a 9mm mag that simply shuts down with JHP, which is a bigger litmus than shooting ball ammo. Other than them maybe just not working at with your gun/ammo, all the other inspection issues pertain to the 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by HiltonYam View Post
    Thanks for the thread here. I do my best to stop by, but I'm stretched thin between answer stuff on email, FB, IG, YouTube etc.

The video applies to any 1911 mag regardless of caliber. I think 9mm single stack mags are an even bigger headache as there are many designs - spacers, no spacers with front tube crimp and integral feed ramp, etc etc. It's easy to get a 9mm mag that simply shuts down with JHP, which is a bigger litmus than shooting ball ammo. Other than them maybe just not working at with your gun/ammo, all the other inspection issues pertain to the 9mm.
    Thanks for that answer! I was actually expecting the opposite in your response, so I certainly learned something this morning.
    I appreciate all you do over at 10-8, and thank you for your participation here.

I'm gonna head over to 10-8 and "pay my tuition" now.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Good video. Thanks to Mr. Yam for making it and Amp for posting.

User Tag List