Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Shot Show 2020

I've mostly dealt with their Fusion line, owning and using most of it over several years, but have had good luck with everything of theirs and their customer service as needed. Reaction and replacement was quick when I received out of spec parts. Their ATOM line has definitely struggled as far as supply and only two shops offering the work on stock slides, so you're not wrong. Hopefully that will change, I've held off on RDS for a long time since I want to avoid direct mill and being stuck with a platform in an evolving market, and the fact the RDS themselves haven't seemed 100% yet, but I think if ATOM 2 is easy access paired with the ACRO and these new Holosun options, it may finally be time to move forward.

Speaking of Holosun, I have never considered them for anything before, but this 509T, 507K and this other unnamed low-profile option Steve Fisher posted on Facebook really has me re-thinking the brand.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    ATOM 2.0 is open source. No license needed.

Also Sig has atleast 6 different optics cuts it has offered as Factory on the p320. M17 mil, M17 commercial, RX, RXPro, Professional, X-series. None of them are really modular. I think Sig is trying to sell people the gun and optic. I agree that they need to streamline what they have going on.
    SIG told us a couple of months ago, and confirmed to me at the show yesterday, that going forward they're going to a 4 hole pattern optic cut that will accommodate RMR footprint optics and others. There's apparently a small gap in front of the optic when a RMR is mounted, but it doesn't effect function according to them. They are also going to phase out the earlier RX optic cut in favor of the PRO, which keeps a dovetailed rear sight. We'll see. I will say the Romeo 2 sight they debuted looks very promising. Very robust housing, and the option of a fully enclosed emitter with the full shroud.

I also agree Holosuns new optics are very intriguing. I guess we'll see about all of them.

Someone mentioned earlier the Safariland VUBL. Got one In my hands. Very nifty piece of gear. I like it a lot. I'll be running this on my training belt with a QLS.

I just texted a buddy.

“Holosun seems to have the best pistol red dot and mini red dot at any price. Wtf. how did we get here?”

I want to try these two out.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 01-23-2020 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    SIG told us a couple of months ago, and confirmed to me at the show yesterday, that going forward they're going to a 4 hole pattern optic cut that will accommodate RMR footprint optics and others. There's apparently a small gap in front of the optic when a RMR is mounted, but it doesn't effect function according to them. They are also going to phase out the earlier RX optic cut in favor of the PRO, which keeps a dovetailed rear sight. We'll see. I will say the Romeo 2 sight they debuted looks very promising. Very robust housing, and the option of a fully enclosed emitter with the full shroud.

I also agree Holosuns new optics are very intriguing. I guess we'll see about all of them.

Someone mentioned earlier the Safariland VUBL. Got one In my hands. Very nifty piece of gear. I like it a lot. I'll be running this on my training belt with a QLS.
    Any more info on the Romeo2? I have been trying to keep track of it since it was shown publicly but there has been no mention of it for a while by Sig and I have not been impressed by the Shot coverage. If they how have one with an enclosed emitter my interest is renewed.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 01-22-2020 at 11:56 PM.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Any more info on the Romeo2? I have been trying to keep track of it since it was shown publicly but there has been no mention of it for a while by Sig and I have not been impressed by the Shot coverage. If they how have one with an enclosed emitter my interest is renewed.
    The Romeo 2 has a thicker, more robust housing, which they claim survives a 5' drop onto the optic with a loaded weapon. It comes with 2 shrouds, which attach a bit differently than the Romeo 1 version. The "bigger" one fully enclosed the emitter. They told me they're formally introducing it at NRA. They also showed me a factory aggressive stippled grip module, which I also found interesting. I'd post pics but the mobile version of this site on my phone no longer seems to have the option.

I like the look of these headlamps from 5.11, particularly the ability to remove it from the mount and the dual lighting options.

I haven't seem any shooting videos but here's a few close ups.

http://instagram.com/p/B7p_veCprvI/
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    I've mostly dealt with their Fusion line, owning and using most of it over several years, but have had good luck with everything of theirs and their customer service as needed. Reaction and replacement was quick when I received out of spec parts. Their ATOM line has definitely struggled as far as supply and only two shops offering the work on stock slides, so you're not wrong. Hopefully that will change, I've held off on RDS for a long time since I want to avoid direct mill and being stuck with a platform in an evolving market, and the fact the RDS themselves haven't seemed 100% yet, but I think if ATOM 2 is easy access paired with the ACRO and these new Holosun options, it may finally be time to move forward.

Speaking of Holosun, I have never considered them for anything before, but this 509T, 507K and this other unnamed low-profile option Steve Fisher posted on Facebook really has me re-thinking the brand.

Holy crap! Need to learn more about this - the Holosun website is down at the moment. Is that MOS?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    This is a current state of affairs at the Atom (1) webpage, showing half of the offerings, and all duty-grade optics plates, out of stock.
    http://www.unitytactical.com/product-category/atom/
    I had to get a spare set of their proprietary RMR plate screws, took a month or so. They make good stuff, although I would've preferred steel over aluminum, but I am uncertain they can support a significant demand. Besides the independent user reviews, I'd like to know who would make what parts under this open access license.
    I thought about replying about supply yesterday. Given the significant lack of any current information, and a historical "out of stock" situation, I'm definitely in a wait and see on the ATOM 2. But, I have a very strong interest, especially if the system works on stuff that is usually problematic, like a CZ-75.

I don't mind the aluminum, and the nice thing about the "open source" aspect is you can take the aluminum someplace and say "make this in stainless" or titanium alloy or whatever your favorite substance is (like 3d printing output?).

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I like the look of these headlamps from 5.11, particularly the ability to remove it from the mount and the dual lighting options.

and only $50, that doesn't seem too bad at all for what it is.
    https://www.511tactical.com/rapid-hl-1aa.html

User Tag List