Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Shot Show 2020

Shot Show 2020

Thought we should get a Shot Show thread started. Looking forward to reports from any PF’ers who go. What have you guys heard? What are you looking forward to? Ive only been once. For those who regularly go, is Shot basically the same, or has it changed over the years?

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    Thought we should get a Shot Show thread started. Looking forward to reports from any PF’ers who go. What have you guys heard? What are you looking forward to? Ive only been once. For those who regularly go, is Shot basically the same, or has it changed over the years?
    Shot is 98% the same year after year.

What makes it exciting is the 2% that changes.

I'm going this year.

Things I'm personally interested in:

-Spyderco Booth: They always display their prototype knives that will be available in 1-2 years.

-NGSW. The Army's new 6.8 weapons systems and ammo. Hoping to see SIG's, TV/GD's Bullpup, and perhaps the Textron offering at the H&K Booth.

-True Velocity. They are reportedly launching their Polymer Case ammunition for the civilian market at SHOT 2020. Hoping to find out exactly what a polymer case 5.56 and 7.62 weighs.

-Shell Shock. Currently they offer 9x19 aluminum/steel cases. I'm hoping they finally offer 5.56 cases this year, and I intend to beg them to make a 5.7x28 case.

-B&T. As I've done the last 2 years, I intend to beg them to make a B&T TP9 that takes Glock mags.

-Ruger. Looking forward to seeing the Ruger 57, along with the new Super GP100.

-Colt. Obviously, need to oggle and dryfire the new Python.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Someone (everyone) please beat up Ruger about making a 5.5-6 inch version of the SP101 in .327 Fed.

If not that, a 5.5-7.5 inch Single Seven Bisley stainless in .327 Fed.

Better yet, badger them about the custom shop actually being a custom shop. At least to the level of allowing ordering combinations of parts that they already make but don't assemble as standard SKUs. Custom assembly, not necessarily custom manufacturing or gunsmithing. Such as the above Bisley model...

And a PCC with a fixed barrel. There are several of us here who would buy one if we were sure the barrel would stay attached.

-------------

Check out the P210 Legends at Legacy Sports. Pricing and variants.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Who is going? Are we doing a meetup? I’ll be there Wed - Sat...

Sat-Sat
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Crye/Vantage Six12

A Walther PPK in .32 (or .32 NAA?), a P5 Compact would be sweet too.

Ruger Super GP100s with 3” barrels and compact grips.

That’s all I want. Someone keep an eye out for me.

Oh yea tell Smith and Wesson we want a fucking Airweight (Aluminum not Scandium) with a pin on front sight FFS.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 01-11-2020 at 01:16 AM.

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    I am attending the media events.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    I predict many new 1911 and AR variants.

I have a real flare for predictions, in fact some even say I’m a bit psychotic.

I will be there for two days and looking now at what I want to look at.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List