Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Neil Peart RIP

One of my favorite songs of all time. Such HUGE sound from a three man band. Went to sleep at night many a night with "A Farewell to Kings" playing in my headphones. The world will never be the same.

Met my best friend, 35 years and counting, because I had a Rush logo drawn on my Pee-Chee folder in Driver's Ed class. He and I saw them every tour since here in Vegas, and most tours traveled to see them again at least once - San Diego, Phoenix, Portland, Chicago. A Rush concert was one of the few places I've ever felt I really belonged.

Peart wrote books, too. "Masked Rider" is about bicycling in Africa. "Ghost Rider" is about a motorcycle trip around North America following the deaths of his daughter and wife. There are others. If you're a fan they're worth a read.

Banned
    Without question Rush had the most technical skill of any band I've ever seen in concert. I saw them in Omaha in 1981 and I saw them in Texas in 1984 actually in the Astrodome. I was amazed at how well they had their sound adjusted for that building.

I kind of quit following them after Grace Under Pressure but I saw some of their videos on YouTube of some of their more recent tours and I felt kind of bad because you could tell that Geddy Lee's voice was going
    Last edited by Cypher; 01-11-2020 at 06:44 AM.

Site Supporter
    Without question, one of the finest rock drummers to ever sit behind a kit.

Rest In Peace, Neil- thanks for the music and the memories.
    "There are two ways to do most anything- right and again."

One of NP set up, only he could play this.

Name:  FA6F4191-7493-4779-B5F6-E7A9EBA85324.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  85.9 KB

Site Supporter
    Peart was a tremendous talent. RIP.

User Tag List