Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do with an old Surefire X200?

Post What to do with an old Surefire X200?

I can’t find any upgrades for it and it seems a bit dated and weak now.
    #RESIST

Put it on an air soft gun for FoF training. If you have a handgun that might be considered for home defense but isn’t anywhere near the top of the list and that gun needs a light you can use this one. You could also lend it out to people considering WML with the disclaimer that more modern lights are much brighter.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Surefire can't upgrade it? I remember seeing someone had an updated Surefire light done by Surefire.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I can’t find any upgrades for it and it seems a bit dated and weak now.
    It's probably brighter than the 3P on my shotgun. I've got several dated handhelds, and I leave them all over the house for when I want a light.

Put it on a .22 for varmint duty.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Backup to the backup?

I lost a 600 lumen X300 over the summer so now an old X200 is the secondary backup. It is pretty dim in comparison to the current X300s.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Put it on an air soft gun for FoF training. If you have a handgun that might be considered for home defense but isn’t anywhere near the top of the list and that gun needs a light you can use this one. You could also lend it out to people considering WML with the disclaimer that more modern lights are much brighter.
    That's what I did. I've got a S&W .22 AR that I use as a training carbine. The range I belong to now does not allow centerfire rifles, due to city restrictions. The Surefire X200 allows me to practice light activation with the same switchology as the BCM Ol' Reliable Self Defense Stick.

Some people are scared of lumens and will buy those lights.

I had a box of X200s, 150 lumen X300s, and old 120 lumen handhelds and they sold quick on the EE on Arfcom.

I don't keep old electronic stuff around.

Replace batteries with lead weight for competition gun? Probably only Limited and Open divisions though.

Site Supporter
    Put on a dedicated dry fire gun?

Give it to someone who is a serious student of the art but is cash strapped?

Sell it on Ebay for 50ish and up, buy some batteries, or tools or give the money to charity etc?

I put an old TLR on one of my blue guns to work with my light mount holsters.

User Tag List