Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wolf Importing Steel Cased 300 Blackout

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Oh hell yes...!

Thanks for this. Signed up for the alert as well. Much prefer the .300 over the 5.56 as my go to woods carbine and travel gun. Up to this, S&B was about the cheapest in bulk, and that wasn’t too cheap at all. Just in time for some much needed carbine classes as well!
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Oh hell yes...!

Thanks for this. Signed up for the alert as well. Much prefer the .300 over the 5.56 as my go to woods carbine and travel gun. Up to this, S&B was about the cheapest in bulk, and that wasn’t too cheap at all. Just in time for some much needed carbine classes as well!
    I have quite a few pieces of Blackout brass both converted and factory headstamp.

Still, the ability to buy in bulk at a price that is close to what I'd pay for powder, primer and bullet appeals to me. Especially for something like a carbine class or other venue where brass is likely to be lost.

I wonder if we'll see any extraction issues with this stuff. By and large I've not had too many problems in 223 but it does seem to be somewhat rifle specific.

Also, now that steel cases are available I wonder if Hornady might introduce a steel match or LE training round. Maybe a 125 SST.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Ditto all the above. Hopefully the profile of the brass will alleviate any of the extraction issues with it. I’m really anxious to get my hands on a case. Any clue on an ETA for the stuff?
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Ditto all the above. Hopefully the profile of the brass will alleviate any of the extraction issues with it. I’m really anxious to get my hands on a case. Any clue on an ETA for the stuff?

According to Target Sports the first week of February. I'm heading mid 2020 for Wolf subs.

Anyone at SHOT who might be able to comment?

Curious what the velocity will be for the 145gr from an 8" barrel.

User Tag List