Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolf Importing Steel Cased 300 Blackout

Wolf Importing Steel Cased 300 Blackout

I saw this earlier today and thought it was interesting. The 300 Blackout was the up-and-coming AR cartridge but it seems to have sort of lost popularity. At least with the group of shooters I normally run with. I guess I'm questioning the timing, is all. It seems to me this stuff would have sold like crazy a couple years back.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-300-blackout/

Still, I think it'll be a nice option for the 300 market. It is the first of its kind that I'm aware of and should be a nice option in an otherwise fairly pricey market.

I like .300BO, I知 considering only building in that caliber going forward.
    #RESIST

Since I don't care about suppressed rifles, 300 BO's point is lost on me.

6.5 Grendel is superior for what I want an AR to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Since I don't care about suppressed rifles, 300 BO's point is lost on me.

6.5 Grendel is superior for what I want an AR to do.
    What Grendel are you shooting and what are your pet loads? I知 trying to get my Larue Grendel shooting.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    What Grendel are you shooting and what are your pet loads? I知 trying to get my Larue Grendel shooting.
    Haven't gone down the mid caliber AR rathole yet. But when I do that will be the hole I pick.

I'm a huge 6.5 fan, having made Master (came close to HM) in NRA Highpower with a custom Model 70 match rifle in 260 Remington as well as knocking a few deer off their feet with a CZ 550FS in 6.5X55/

I put this on stock alert.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/wolf...-p-110259.aspx

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Nosler 123 BTHP Custom Competition with 31.2 grains CFE223 and whatever SRP I have on hand - usually Federal or Hornady brass. in my experience, the 120+ grain projectiles work well in 6.5G.

Site Supporter
    Note that the 6.5G community was all excited about "cheap" steel cased 6.5 Grendel but I have never heard any good results. Reports of undersized projectiles and poor accuracy.

6.5 Grendel Optimal Charge Weight Load
    Gun: Alexander Arms 16.5", TBAC Ultra 7 6.5 suppressor
    Bullet: 123gr SMK
    Alexander Arms Brass
    CCI 41 Primers
    28.3 gr XBR 8208
    COL: 2.250" (max mag length)
    2445fps (sd 14)

Accurate to 1000 yds.
    -----

I'm glad there's cheap 300BO coming because I don't reload that caliber. I have a 7.5" 300 BO pistol that's pretty handy.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-10-2020 at 11:46 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Note that the 6.5G community was all excited about "cheap" steel cased 6.5 Grendel but I have never heard any good results. Reports of undersized projectiles and poor accuracy.
    I've actually heard lots of good results. There is a Bill Alexander quote going around where he says the type of barrel you use with the steel case makes all the difference. I haven't done any group size tests myself with my AA upper but I plan on transitioning to all steel case moving forward as $1/rd doesn't suit my purposes.

I agree with Alpha Sierra - 6.5G does everything and more .300 BO does that I am looking for (not subsonic).

User Tag List