Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Thinking Of Taking A Stroll Back To The Glock World After Years Away (Glock 19X?)

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I disagree. Having owned 4 G19X and now 4 G45 I see a great deal of difference in the way the cases are ejected.
    Same. The ejection is so dramatically better with the new breachface cut I won't purchase a new Glock (or replacement slide) without it.

Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    Same. The ejection is so dramatically better with the new breachface cut I won't purchase a new Glock (or replacement slide) without it.
    Which Glocks have it?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Which Glocks have it?

All current production Gen5 guns

Was introduced around the same time as the MOS Gen5 guns IIRC.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Which Glocks have it?
    All of the MOS guns with Forward Serrations, 19/17 with Forward Serrations Only, and the Glock 45. The latest M guns and 19Xs I've seen do not have it (yet, hopefully it comes out as a rolling change). Plus a lot of shops still have the old stock with the moon cuts (or colored Gen 5s) which don't have it.

Also I've been told from a trustworthy person none of the boutique (Zev and Agency) Gen 5 slides coming out have this cut.

While all the FS guns have the cut , not all the guns with the cut are FS guns if that makes sense.

I don't see it as a deal breaker though...
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    All current production Gen5 guns

Was introduced around the same time as the MOS Gen5 guns IIRC.
    All of the MOS guns with Forward Serrations, 19/17 with Forward Serrations Only, and the Glock 45. The latest M guns and 19Xs I've seen do not have it (yet, hopefully it comes out as a rolling change). Plus a lot of shops still have the old stock with the moon cuts (or colored Gen 5s) which don't have it.

Also I've been told from a trustworthy person none of the boutique (Zev and Agency) Gen 5 slides coming out have this cut.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    While all the FS guns have the cut , not all the guns with the cut are FS guns if that makes sense.

I don't see it as a deal breaker though...
    So a G34 MOS Gen 5, yes or no?

They had MOS G5 g34s with the moon shape front strap cut out and no front serrations which DOES NOT have the breachface cut. The MOS G5 G34 with no moon shape cut out and front serrations DOES have the cut out.

You want the G5 G34 MOS with no moon shape cut out and front serrations. This one: https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g34-gen5-mos-fs
    Last edited by matt7184; 01-15-2020 at 09:29 AM.

So a G34 MOS Gen 5, yes or no?
    yes.

Last edited by rob_s; 01-15-2020 at 01:03 PM.

The ejection is so dramatically better with the new breachface cut I won't purchase a new Glock (or replacement slide) without it.
    I wonder if they'll put this feature on new production Gen 3 and Gen 4 guns?

User Tag List