Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Thinking Of Taking A Stroll Back To The Glock World After Years Away (Glock 19X?)

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    So 19X has a color other than black which makes up for the lack of FCS, magwell, and the addition of that stupid lip that makes it incompatible with Gen 5 mags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup.

I'd knock that little lip off the grip. Don't know what purpose it serves as the heel of your hand/glove is what gets caught on a reload.

So 19X has a color other than black which makes up for the lack of FCS, magwell, and the addition of that stupid lip that makes it incompatible with Gen 5 mags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup.

I'd knock that little lip off the grip. Don't know what purpose it serves as the heel of your hand/glove is what gets caught on a reload.

Can I get a 19x slide on a 45 frame?

That way I have to deal with neither the stupidass lip nor the stupidass front cocking serrations.

From my perspective, which is entirely focused on performance, the 19X magwell sucks for reloading quickly and reliably. If you want a short slide/long grip, the 45 is a much better gun. If I was going to deal with a long grip for concealment though, or was just buying a full size gun to shoot at the range or compete with, I would definitely go 17 or 34 for the increased sight radius. Despite what the internet says, sight radius matters unless you put an optic on the gun.

^ And a fullsize is softer shooting.

Hammertime

Thinking Of Taking A Stroll Back To The Glock World After Years Away (Glock 19X?)

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Yup.

Yup. Two G19Xs that I love, and shoot well despite the stupid sights. Knocked the lip off both with zero regrets.

Last edited by Doc_Glock; 01-14-2020 at 05:54 PM.

I replaced 4 G19X pistols with 4 of the more improved G45 pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Given 20 each of G19X and G45, I don't see an obvious difference in ejection, and no difference whatsoever in functional reliability across ammunition.

This oft-discussed breechface machining is not anywhere near as significant as the internet makes it out to be.
    I disagree. Having owned 4 G19X and now 4 G45 I see a great deal of difference in the way the cases are ejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    From my perspective, which is entirely focused on performance, the 19X magwell sucks for reloading quickly and reliably. If you want a short slide/long grip, the 45 is a much better gun. If I was going to deal with a long grip for concealment though, or was just buying a full size gun to shoot at the range or compete with, I would definitely go 17 or 34 for the increased sight radius. Despite what the internet says, sight radius matters unless you put an optic on the gun.
    Rented out a G45 today..color me impressed. I have a gen4 g17 MOS I bought a couple of weeks ago and the g45 is a better pistol in every respect. Shot about 4mags of my loads through the g45, every single case ejected to the right on a high arc, I got hit with brass, not from the pistol throwing them at me, but rather the cases bouncing off the wall of the stall I was shooting in.. The trigger was better, ejection of empty’s was very vigorous, looks like Glock may have finally solved the BTF problem. I believe the breechface cut really works..Tomorrow I’m going back and ordering a G45 MOS, I’ll be putting my G17 MOS up for sale, along with another pistol in about a week or so..

Once I get the G45 I’m going to put my Trijicon RMR on it...
    Last edited by ralph; 01-14-2020 at 10:33 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Yup.

I like the lip, as my little finger will sometimes get caught in a reload pinch on other guns, such as the Beretta 92 series. Never has happened with the 19x.

User Tag List