Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking Of Taking A Stroll Back To The Glock World After Years Away (Glock 19X?)

**For me** one of the biggest selling points of the Glock is its long track record and reliability. Obviously you have not had the same experience. Gen5 guns seem good to go no matter what side of the spectrum you are on.

Simple design, small number of parts, ease of serviceability, and accessible replacement parts would point me towards Glock but I haven't had much experience with the CZ so I could be wrong.

One thing that is not an opinion is cost of mags, holster options, and ability to put a gadget on it. That would probably be the tipping point for me.

With regards to Glock models I would also point out that people have reported better mag changes with the G45 due to mag well vs. 19x. I'm assuming you don't care about grip length but a regular G19 would also be an option if you want a size for size match for the P10c and you intend to carry it. There is definitely a difference with ability to conceal the 19 vs. 17. Glock is also a few ounces lighter in weight if comfort is a concern for you when you carry.
    Last edited by Cool Breeze; 01-12-2020 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Pannone’s now working for STI and running 2011s
    Yep, just found out about his switch recently. He's got me very interested in trying out a Staccato

Site Supporter
    I really, really dig my 19x. If you like it, get one and don’t worry about anything else.

IMO there's two ways of looking at this:
    1) Go with the standard
    Get yourself a Gen 5 standard Glock 19 off the showroom floor. People hate when I say this, but if that gun doesn't work for you...
    2) Try and find perfect
    Read through this thread and others, go to the gun shops and gun shows and try to put your hands on every version, agonize over MOS or not, FDE or not, which factory sight options to choose...

Look, I've done, and still do, both. In my head I *know* that option 1 is correct (not just with guns but with just about everything in life), yet I get sucked into the rabbit hole of #2 more often than I'd care to admit. I try to remind myself to just go shoot the gun, but it doesn't always work.

I will say that typically I go down the rabbit hole, and then eventually wind up with #1. Sometimes before I wasted a bunch of time/money, others before I make a snowflake purchase. Just as examples, here's one where I did it "right" IMO. Here's another recent example where I'm doing it right. Here's one where I'm spiraling down the rabbit hole. Here's another one where I, and a bunch of other folks, continue to circle the drain.

The point is, sometimes it's the chase that's the fun. I personally take great pleasure and pride in trying to find "perfect" and then feeling good about the purchase I made. What I also often find is that the route to option 1 is a true need/use, while option 2 is generally based in fantasy land to begin with.

What are you carrying now?

I've used, and liked Glock, 1911, Beretta, and Sig handguns over the years, but I always come back to the Glock 17K. I've continuously had one for 13 years, haven't been without a Glock for 19 years.

Get a 19X or whatever and a Raven Perun and try it out. Really can't get any cheaper of a holster and they work ok. Good thing about 'em is that they're easy to get rid of if you don't like it.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    IMO there's two ways of looking at this:
    1) Go with the standard
    Get yourself a Gen 5 standard Glock 19 off the showroom floor. People hate when I say this, but if that gun doesn't work for you...
    2) Try and find perfect
    Read through this thread and others, go to the gun shops and gun shows and try to put your hands on every version, agonize over MOS or not, FDE or not, which factory sight options to choose...

Look, I've done, and still do, both. In my head I *know* that option 1 is correct (not just with guns but with just about everything in life), yet I get sucked into the rabbit hole of #2 more often than I'd care to admit. I try to remind myself to just go shoot the gun, but it doesn't always work.

I will say that typically I go down the rabbit hole, and then eventually wind up with #1. Sometimes before I wasted a bunch of time/money, others before I make a snowflake purchase. Just as examples, here's one where I did it "right" IMO. Here's another recent example where I'm doing it right. Here's one where I'm spiraling down the rabbit hole. Here's another one where I, and a bunch of other folks, continue to circle the drain.

The point is, sometimes it's the chase that's the fun. I personally take great pleasure and pride in trying to find "perfect" and then feeling good about the purchase I made. What I also often find is that the route to option 1 is a true need/use, while option 2 is generally based in fantasy land to begin with.
    This should some sort of sticky or FAQ. Yoda level stuff here, thanks @rob_s

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    a Raven Perun and try it out. Really can't get any cheaper of a holster and they work ok.
    The Perun I've been using these last six months or so has developed an annoying squeak when I move. It doesn't do it all the time only when I twist or turn just right. It probably isn't a big deal but it sure seems loud.

I have messed with the retention setting and that seems to have helped but the squeak is still there.

I miss old Raven Concealment....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yep. I don't have a squeaking Perun, but I have a couple of Phantoms and they're better than the Perun.

I wish they still made 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Yep. I don't have a squeaking Perun, but I have a couple of Phantoms and they're better than the Perun.

I wish they still made 'em.
    Fury makes some nice stuff but the IWB rides a bit high for me.

Also props to JM Custom. I have a Hi Power IWB (now discontinued) that rides well.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I absolute love my 45. The entire concept of the full size grip on the compact slide has really won me over. Which is interesting because at first I thought it was the stupidest thing ever. I consistently shoot better with that combo for whatever reason. You can’t go wrong with any of the Gen 5’s though in my opinion. I don’t see a reason to get the 19x other than for the cool factor. Which is worth something!

User Tag List